Discussion and Helping Corner
- Feb 17 - Topic: WTP - API Concepts and Roles
- Server Tools Architecture - Techniques to find the source code for a specific bug
- Feb 24 - Topic: Eclipse Plug-in Architecture
- Plug-in Technology - Techniques for developing Eclipse WTP
Purpose: Jordan our professor has told us in the class that we will help each other to solve our problems in this learning community. Indeed, we will be rewarded at the end of the semester if we have helped our fellow classmates to fix their bugs. Before we reach this goal, I think we can post up our problems and questions here. Some of us can offer our help by responding to these questions. We can also blog our problems. As for me, I'm learning about a new culture of being "open" and collaborating with other students to solve my problems as well as others' problems.
- (pliu): I've created a blog account and writen my first blog on wordpress.com. How do I feed my blogs to the the Open Source @Seneca Planet? (I really enjoyed reading the blogs that were fed to this Open Source @Seneca Planet over the weekend.) Please help me. Thanks.
- I found out how to do it.
- (Peter, 2:30 pm, 1/30): As I was reading the blogs on Open Source @Seneca Planet, I noticed that a few fellows in our WTP class have posted their BLOGS about the BUGS. Reading their blogs have motivated me to undertake the challenge of fixing WTP-related bugs. Then I discovered that Kevin's Blogrolls  has linked up all those blogs.
- Note: As per today February 05, 2009 Seneca wireless does allow you to connect to CVS regardless of CVS repository path used for the connection; you can use dev.eclipse.org on connection type pserver; Please read CVS Howto for details. Thanks to our ACS department.
- Dave brings to my attention an interesting talk about Eclipse Development Process. If you have time, please take a look at it. (Thanks Dave).
- Note: As per our last common agreement, I would like to propose to you, to work together in solving the following colleagues bugs:
Xia(Shellely), Kevin Vu and Tahereh. Your colleagues have posted their results and we could start from their findings. (Posted March 26, 2009)
Fixing Eclipse-WTP Bugs Collaboratively
Please find below the results of our work
|Name||IRC Nick(s)||Project(s)||Product||Component||Blog Link|
|Jatinder Singh||Jatinder||WTP - Bug 203257, Normal, P2||Webservices||wst.wsdl|||
|Jian Feng Allen Xie||heyqule||WTP - Bug 253231, Normal, P3||Common Tools||wst.validation|||
|John Dang||JohnDang||WTP - Bug 255894, Normal, P3||Webservices||wst.wsdl|
|Khanh Vu||kevinvu||WTP - Bug 240698, Normal, P3||Server Tools||wst.server|
|Le Yang||lyang42||WTP - Bug 243799, Normal, P3||Source Editing||wst.xsd|
|Jesse Valianes||JesseV||WTP - Bug #209289||Webservices||wst.wsdl|||
|Nabeel Khan||nkhan26||WTP - Bug 227760, Normal, P3||Server Tools||wst.server|
|Shelley Shi||shelley||WTP - Bug 137822||Server Tools||jst.server|||
|Tommy Lo||Tlo||WTP - Bug 236404, Normal, P3||Webservices||wst.wsdl|||
|Peter Liu||pliu||WTP - Bug 256185, Normal, P3||Webservices||wst.wsdl|||
|Tahereh Salimi||tsalimi||WTP - Bug 244862, Normal, P3||Server Tools||wst.server|||
|Davoud Salahi Rad||davoud||WTP - Bug 168784, Normal, P3||Common Tools||wst.command|||
|Farhad Norouzi||Farhad||WTP - Bug 240167, Normal, P3||Server Tools||wst.server|