DPI908/SBR600 Repo Creation Lab
To learn how to create a RPM package repository for use with
Before starting this lab, you will need:
- The RPMs from the previous lab.
- An account on a system that can serve files to the web (http or ftp).
- Check that you have the
Creating the Repository
- Place the signed RPMs in a directory on your Fedora system.
- Run this command:
- Make a note of the subdirectory and file created by the previous step.
- Make the files available via the web (copy to the appropriate system and directory).
Creating the Repo and Key Files
- Create the repo and key files as outlined on the Signing and Creating a Repository for RPM Packages page.
- Test that they work as expected.
Create a Release File
- A release package makes it easy for people to get software from your repository. Create a release package as mentioned in the Signing and Creating a Repository for RPM Packages page.
Create a blog post describing your experience. Include:
- Notes on what you did, and what worked and didn't work.
- The results, including a link to your release package and your repository.
- Your reflections on the tools, process, and experience.