Release package 0.3
In my 0.3 I decided to release a package that will let users to be able to install gst-openmax using yum.
1. Download the package form the link above
2. Run: rpm -i gstopenmax-release-0.10.1-1.fc17.noarch.rpm
This package will install RPM-GPG-KEY-gstopenmax public key into /etc/pki/rpm-gpg and it will install the gstopenmax-release.repo into /etc/yum.repos.d
3. Once the package is installed run: yum install gst-openmax
4. To test if package was installed successfully, run: "gst-inspect | grep omx" and gstreamer will list the components.
SPEC file: http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~amartinenco/PACKAGES/f17/SPEC/gstopenmax-release.spec
My package was reviewed by Ryan Lawrance at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=879881 and based on the errors found I had to make certain changes.
BAD: The package must be named according to the Package Naming Guideline. FIXED: changed the name to gst-openmax-0.10.1
BAD: The package must meet the Packaging Guidelines .
1. summary does not provide a concise description of the package 2. changelog tag specified twice 3. source tag not pointing to upstream source 4. upstream documentation missing 5. files tag points to a specific libdir 6. doc tag does not include all documentation in build
1. Chaged the summary 2. Only one changelog tag is being used 3. Source tag points to the proper source 4. Added documentation in the %doc 5. changed to the macro 6. Added all the documentation to the build
BAD: If (and only if) the source package includes the text of the license(s) in its own file, then that file, containing the text of the license(s) for the package must be included in %doc.
• Not included in doc tag
FIXED: added all the files
BAD: The sources used to build the package must match the upstream source, as provided in the spec URL. Reviewers should use sha256sum for this task as it is used by the sources file once imported into git. If no upstream URL can be specified for this package, please see the Source URL Guidelines for how to deal with this.
• Source does not use an upstream URL
FIXED: Changed to upstream URL
BAD: Static libraries must be in a -static package.
• Package only provides libraries
COMMENT: it is not a static library, but a gstreamer plugin
BAD: If the source package does not include license text(s) as a separate file from upstream, the packager SHOULD query upstream to include it
? Not included in spec file
FIXED: Added COPYING file to the %doc
BAD: The description and summary sections in the package spec file should contain translations for supported Non-English languages, if available.
• summary does not provide a concise description of the package
FIXED: Changed the summary
BAD: The reviewer should test that the package functions as described. A package should not segfault instead of running, for example.
• Unable to list codecs per documentation instructions
FIXED: Added aditional file called README.fedora with proper instructions
Source code from the git source tree: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0THh1GbRWnAWXRFaFdKX19XVFU/edit
Packaged RPM version 0.1: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0THh1GbRWnAUkV6dnQ1VVZESVE/edit
Spec file used to create RPM: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0THh1GbRWnAanc2aWFseFY5RkE/edit