Team G IRC Logs 20103 - OOP344
From CDOT Wiki
November 17th, 2010 (10:03:39 PM) fardad_: ok, lets begin (10:03:42 PM) heesangsong: oh (10:03:49 PM) heesangsong: . (10:04:41 PM) heesangsong: ok you can start. (10:04:46 PM) fardad_: ok, (10:05:02 PM) fardad_: how wants to start implementing the application? (10:05:23 PM) fardad_: no one? (10:05:34 PM) fardad_: ok then, I will choose (10:05:39 PM) fardad_: give me a second (10:05:46 PM) pbrown9: I'm actually completely lost right now, all I know is what I'm supposed to program. (10:05:57 PM) pbrown9: No point in pretending I know what's going on. :P (10:06:11 PM) fardad_: fine, is 0.3 done? (10:06:40 PM) wsong18: yes , we have build all the files compiled (10:06:40 PM) fardad_: ok what is your repo number? (10:06:47 PM) lwu11 [~firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room. (10:06:48 PM) wsong18: 07 (10:06:48 PM) fardad_: wsong18: perfect (10:06:53 PM) fardad_: let me check (10:07:06 PM) pbrown9: All of our class files are made and compilable to my knowledge(last time I checked) (10:07:29 PM) heesangsong: yes we did (10:08:01 PM) fardad_: ok (10:08:12 PM) fardad_: wsong18: you will start programming FWBorder (10:08:26 PM) wsong18: that class has done (10:08:39 PM) fardad_: the border is completer already? (10:08:46 PM) wsong18: yes (10:08:55 PM) fardad_: Nice, that is what I like (10:08:57 PM) fardad_: ok, (10:09:07 PM) fardad_: what is done so far? (10:09:56 PM) pbrown9: http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_G_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344 (10:10:00 PM) wsong18: heesang has assigned all the classes to every member already (10:10:06 PM) pbrown9: Team G, if you've completed something, please move it down to Completed on the group page (10:10:27 PM) ***fardad_ is checking (10:10:59 PM) pbrown9: I listed everything that was assigned to us as "Working On" because I wasn't 100% on the status. (10:11:27 PM) fardad_: ok there is one problem with your team page (10:12:04 PM) fardad_: see (10:12:08 PM) fardad_: you need to have (10:12:43 PM) fardad_: one section common for everyone TODO (10:13:01 PM) fardad_: let me put it this way: (10:13:04 PM) fardad_: Todo: (10:13:05 PM) wsong18: few min age, I did some mistake on the trunk. the file in the prj0.3 or prj0.31 should ok (10:13:31 PM) fardad_: wsong18: that is fine, I always look at the latest release (10:13:43 PM) fardad_: let me write simething to show you (10:18:44 PM) fardad_: ok (10:18:47 PM) fardad_: http://pastebin.ca/1995180 (10:18:56 PM) fardad_: here is how you should organize your wiki page (10:19:52 PM) fardad_: now (10:19:58 PM) pbrown9: So we should order what's in prj0.3 on the page into steps, and then have those steps written on out in a TODO list on the wiki. (10:20:20 PM) fardad_: mmm (10:20:23 PM) fardad_: yes, (10:20:29 PM) fardad_: what I mean is that (10:21:07 PM) fardad_: the steps that are to be done, put it under a "Common Todo" list (10:21:36 PM) fardad_: then each programmer will have his own section for the current task (10:21:52 PM) fardad_: and when done the done tasks go under common "Completed tasks) (10:21:59 PM) pbrown9: So the completed tasks shouldn't be seperated under each person, but ... okay (10:22:16 PM) fardad_: like this it is easier to follwo what is done and what needs to be done (10:22:29 PM) fardad_: now that you can assing the tasks yourself, (10:22:37 PM) fardad_: I will not bother you with it (10:22:43 PM) fardad_: keep up the good work (10:23:33 PM) fardad_: and let me know if there is anything I can help you with (10:23:39 PM) fardad_: is there any question? (10:23:56 PM) pbrown9: I don't have any, I'm just fixing the wiki page now. (10:24:19 PM) heesangsong: I don't. (10:24:33 PM) fardad_: wsong18: you ok? (10:24:39 PM) wsong18: sure (10:24:59 PM) fardad_: perfect. (10:25:09 PM) fardad_: then nothing is needed to be discussed at thsi point (10:25:16 PM) fardad_: you are already doing a good job (10:25:16 PM) wsong18: can I use email to ask you question about programming? (10:25:32 PM) wsong18: if i have (10:25:41 PM) fardad_: sure, but it is very difficult answering emails with stuff like that (10:25:53 PM) fardad_: so better thing is to ask to talk to me on irc instead (10:25:57 PM) wsong18: yes , i see (10:26:04 PM) wsong18: ok (10:26:07 PM) fardad_: or talk to me on skype (10:26:23 PM) fardad_: my id on skype is sosfardad (10:26:51 PM) wsong18: how to link to skype? (10:26:57 PM) fardad_: link??? (10:27:11 PM) fardad_: you install skype (10:27:14 PM) fardad_: create an account (10:27:20 PM) fardad_: add me to your contact list (10:27:36 PM) wsong18: I'll try (10:27:36 PM) fardad_: then we can voice/video chat (10:27:51 PM) fardad_: ok people, any question? (10:27:59 PM) heesangsong: ok (10:28:02 PM) wsong18: no, thanks (10:28:15 PM) fardad_: ok, gnite (10:28:18 PM) heesangsong: good night (10:28:36 PM) wsong18: good night (10:29:19 PM) pbrown9: Oh, he already left. (10:29:21 PM) pbrown9: http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_G_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344 (10:29:25 PM) pbrown9: I think I fixed it. (10:29:54 PM) heesangsong: good job (10:30:30 PM) wsong18: thank you pbrown9 (10:30:53 PM) pbrown9: Now we just need some common tasks. (10:31:33 PM) pbrown9: I'm not sure what those would be though, I guess once we're finished our seperate tasks, one would be making sure it all works together (10:32:19 PM) wsong18: there is different test program for different parts (10:32:42 PM) Marina_Y [~chatzilla@CPE0022b0b53b33-CM00159a64d6be.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] entered the room. (10:32:45 PM) pbrown9: Yeah, but even though our parts will work seperately, we'll still need to make sure that it all works together. (10:32:57 PM) heesangsong: we can check later after finish our work. (10:33:21 PM) pbrown9: Yes. (10:33:34 PM) wsong18: so the meeting at tomorrow 19:00 should be canceled, right? (10:33:48 PM) fardad_ left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 264 seconds). (10:33:49 PM) heesangsong: first we have to make classes each part. (10:34:02 PM) pbrown9: Yes, I don't think we need another meeting tomorrow. (10:35:09 PM) wsong18: what time do you want for the next meeting? (10:35:13 PM) heesangsong: we can do it. don't worry about anyting. (10:36:17 PM) pbrown9: I'm not worried about you guys, you've done a great job so far with the project. (10:36:36 PM) daleee left the room. (10:36:38 PM) pbrown9: I'm more stressed with trying to make sure I get my part done. (10:37:33 PM) wsong18: but, I have some problem in the FWdialog class (10:38:09 PM) heesangsong: ok what problem (10:39:01 PM) wsong18: I can work out the draw() function (10:40:39 PM) wsong18: I'll try more on the weekend (10:42:04 PM) heesangsong: draw about what? (10:44:55 PM) wsong18: it's to draw some FWfield inside a dialog box, but FWField is a abstract class which cannot be instanced by new operator. (10:46:13 PM) heesangsong: I will think about it. (10:46:21 PM) wsong18: thanks (10:46:33 PM) heesangsong: no problem. (10:46:51 PM) heesangsong: I wanna sleep. we can talk later. (10:47:19 PM) wsong18: I'll put what i did in my branch soon (10:47:55 PM) heesangsong: good nignht (10:47:58 PM) heesangsong: I will out (10:48:12 PM) wsong18: see you (10:48:23 PM) heesangsong left the room.