Ops335 1302 faq
From CDOT Wiki
- How can you duplicate data across files, devices, partitions, and volumes?What does the noerror and sync option do?
- How can you backup and restore the Master boot record?
- How can you include partition table information when backing up or restoring?
- How can dd be used to modify data in place in a file?
- How can dd be used to wipe out an entire disk?
- How can dd be used for data recovery?
- ddrescue what can it be used for?
- How can dd be used for benchmarking drive performance?
- How can dd be used for generating a file with random sized data?
- How can dd be used to convert a file to upper case?
- How can dd be used to create empty files with different file sizes?
- What are the different practical uses for tune2fs command?
- What is the main advantage of using Logical Volume (via LVM) over traditional partition to host file system?
- I am using LVM for my file system, do I still have to monitor the usage of my file systems? Why?
- I have schedule cron to run my file system usage checking script last night at 2:00am. Where can I verify that the script had actually been executed by cron if no warning message had been generated by the script?