OPS235 FSOSS Bonus Assignment
Every year, Seneca hosts the Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS). Several hundred open source developers, leaders, users, and enthusiasts gather for two days of workshops and presentations. You have the opportunity to attend this major event without travelling to another city and at a very low cost -- a great opportunity!
- Attend the 9th Seneca Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS) - Note: registration discounts end October 8.
- Write a personal reflections on the talks and the overall event
- For highest marks (see below):
- Talk to the speakers or workshop leaders
- Take some photos
- Post your report to the Seneca Open Source planet
- Submit a report by November 5th, 2010
Level 1: +5% to your overall grade
- Very strong report on the event, including coverage of 3+ talks.
- The report must include at least:
Level 2: +2.5% to your overall grade
- A quality, formal report on the event, including coverage of 3+ talks, 3-5 pages in length.
Level 3: +0%
- No report, or insufficent/poor quality.
Submitting your Bonus Assignment
- If submitting on paper, physically hand in your report to your professor by Friday, November 5.
- If submitting via a blog post on Planet CDOT, ensure the posting shows on the planet by Friday, November 5. Hand in a typed sheet of paper containing your name, section, e-mail address, and the URL of your blog post, by Friday, November 5.