Communicating Using IRC Lab Fall 2009
This lab introduces participants to various online communication and collaboration methods, including:
- IRC (irc://irc.mozilla.org/seneca)
- Wikis and wiki-markup (e.g., this wiki)
- Pastebin (http://pastebin.mozilla.org)
- TinyURL (http://tinyurl.com)
The goal of the lab is to collaboratively create and update wiki pages for all course participants, documenting:
- Web pages, blogs, irc nick, twitter nick, etc. and other URLs related to this person
- The programming languages and other technology they specialize in
- Open Source software they use or have contributed to
- Which of the potential projects are you interested in working on?
Participants are not permitted to edit their own page during the lab (after it is over, any additions or corrections can be made). Instead, participants must collect information through online interviews or conversations--no direct face-to-face communication is permitted.