News Coverage of CDOT
From CDOT Wiki
Articles, news releases, and prominent blog coverage of OpenSource@Seneca:
- How a Toronto college is unleashing a ‘toolbox of wonder’ online
- Release of Processing.js 1.2
- Making of the Firefox 4 Audio/WebGL demo, No Comply (demo is here)
- Experimenting with SOTU and HTML5
- Seneca Student Project Has Real World Implications - Processing.js
- Seneca Press Release: Seneca students and faculty help revolutionize the web
- Boston Innovation on Popcorn.js
- Seneca awarded $2.3 million open source research NSERC grant
- Seneca adds scriptable audio to HTML5 and the open web: artitle 1, article 2
- ITBusiness.ca - Seneca students' 3D triumph -- open source creation a bonanza for digital games, movie production
- Metro - Seneca an Open Source Leader
- IT World Canada Article - Toronto students behind Firefox browser's amazing overhaul
- ITWorld Canada article - "Canada's Open Source School"
- Linux.com article -- "Seneca College teams with FOSS projects for hands-on learning"
- ComputerWorld Canada Article -- "Firefox's dev team: Canada's best-kept IT secret"
- Frank Hecker (Mozilla Foundation) writing about Seneca College and Open Source education
- Press Release: Mozilla Foundation Grant to Seneca Centre for Development of Open Technology (CDOT).
- Press Release: Open Source curriculum expanded at Seneca - Red Hat and Seneca College partner to bring Fedora to the classroom
- Mozilla's Laura Thomson interview with Linux.com on why programs like Seneca's produce better programmers.
- Press Release: Mozilla Co-Founder and Chief Evangelist, Mike Shaver, given an Honorary Degree by Seneca (photo).
- ComputerWorld Canada Article -- "Seneca College gets $50,000 grant to work on Eclipse WTP"
- Ars Technica article -- "SMIL animation and 3D canvas library for Firefox"
- Ars Technica -- " Mozilla and Khronos to bring standards-based 3D to the web"
- Ars Technica -- Seneca as leader in making student work count
- CBC News coverage of the Seneca-Mozilla collaboration: