User:Chris Tyler/Chris Tyler's Guide to Surviving OPS235 Assignment 2 with SELinux Enabled
OPS235 Assignment 2 can be tricky with SELinux enabled. Here are some tips to get you through...
MediaWiki and SELinux
- Switch SELinux to permissive mode during MediaWiki configuration:
- Once configured, copy the LocalSettings.php file from
/var/www/wikias directed by the message on the screen.
- Switch SELinux to enforcing mode after MediaWiki configuration:
- The permissions on the file
/var/log/httpd/suexec.logand the directory
/var/log/httpdmay need to be adjusted:
touch /var/log/httpd/suexec.log chown apache:apache /var/log/httpd/suexec.log chmod 0755 /var/log/httpd chmod 0660 /var/log/httpd/suexec.log
- Use a SELinux file context of
- Permanently enable the SELinux boolean
setseboolcommand with appropriate options.
- If Apache is not doing what you expect, look in the log files in
- Check your clock. If you clock is off, the error message times listed in /var/log/httpd may be wrong too.