Teams Winter 2011/team9/Lab5
To familiarize developers with the Android Development Environment.
Take the currently existing Contacts App from the class example and add other functionality to it.
Setting Up The Environment
- Download Eclipse Classic
- Once running, go to "Help > Install New Software" and Add the following repository:
- Install the Developer Tools
- Download the Android SDK
- Remember where you saved it
- Open the Preference Window in Eclipse and go to the Android section and browse to the Android SDK location.
- Open the Android SDK and AVD Manager and Install the Galaxy Tab Package
- Available Packages > Third party Add-ons > Samsung > GALAXY Tab
- This will automatically download Android 2.2 API 8 because of the dependancy
- Set up a Virtual Device with 2.2 as the Target
- Everything else can be left as default
- Run the Virtual Device
- Be patient, the first load takes a few minutes.