Teams Winter 2011/team1/OSGI/Implement the Service Provider
2. Implement the Service Provider
2.1. Create the provider bundle
- The process of creating the bundle is almost the same as interface bundle. Here we just need an activator to register the bundle. So, when creating the new plug-in project, make sure to leave the Activator checked:
2.2. Register the service in the class Activator
2.2. Define the MANIFEST.MF for the service provider bundle.
- In the manifest that is created during the process of creating the bundle, we need to import the service package.
- Click on the MANIFEST.MF - > select the Dependencies tab -> click on Add to import a package:
- Type in the name of the package of your interface. After it was selected click ok:
2.3. Install and run the Service Provider Bundle
- Right click on MAINFEST.MF of the Provider, and go to Run A - > Run Configuration
- Right click on OSGI Framework and click on New.
- In the Workspace, check the interface bundle and the provider bundle.
- Uncheck the Target Platform and click on Add Required Bundles, then check the Only show selected.
- After you made sure configuration is fine, click on Run, you should see this message on the console (for this application):