Talk:SPR720 Midterm Practice
Feel free to discuss the answers here.
Nestor: My Answer (didn't study rpm yet, so, i shold be wrong in the last 3 questions)
1) What does bash stand for?
b) Borne Again Shell
2) What is the difference between the /bin and /usr/bin directions and the /sbin and /usr/sbin directories?
a) /bin and /usr/bin contain binaries useful to all users, /sbin and /usr/sbin contain binaries useful to system administrators
3) This script is run
4) This script is run:
5) This script is run :
b) b contains error messages, a contains non-error messages
6) When the command make is run, a message appears saying that there is “nothing to do”. Why?
c) the makefile targets have a timestamp earlier than the source files
7) What permission would be set on the file “foo” by this command?
8) A directory has the permission: --x--x--x You can:
b) use files in that directory if you know the exact filename
9) What will this command do?
b) display the package which installed that file
10) A package is named: What is the package release?
Are you sure about the answer to Question 6? --Chris Tyler 16:32, 13 October 2008 (UTC)