← Older edit
Newer edit →
Active Directory Integration
1,232 bytes added
23:12, 19 January 2008
This is where the status of the project. Mainly, releases will go here.
This goal of this release was getting familiar with the concepts of Active Directory and Group Policies. No code has been written at this point in the time.
* I have set up a Google [http://www.google.com/notebook/public/04720693338380629012/BDSTDIgoQ3pvY4vYi Notebook] to keep track of important links and conversations.
* Had a few discussions with [http://www.kaply.com/weblog/ Michael Kaply] (mkaply), a Firefox Advocate who works at IBM.
* Discussed some of the goals for this project :
** Many of IE's policies change more than just IE preferences. For example, there are policies to disable full screen mode. So it is not just a matter of mapping Firefox preferences to a policy, it is much more broad than that.
** Still in the early stages. We should have a meeting this Monday to discuss exactly what should be worked on.
* Started commenting on bug 337679
Status right now :
* mkaply has started doing XUL overlays to disable some functionality. He's reading IE's policies and 'translating' them into Firefox policies.
** Some obvious problems. Firefox has some options that IE does, and IE has preferences that Firefox does not.
Retrieved from "
SICT AR Meeting Area
get involved with CDOT
as a Student
as an Open Source Community Member
as a Company
Real World Mozilla
Course Project List
Potential Course Projects
About CDOT Wiki