no edit summary
= Due Dates =
* This assignment worth 15% of your final grade.
Due Date: August 6th, 2019* Important: You must be in the Lab on the due date to present your systems in order to have your assignment marked unless it is for medical reason.
** Users in your domain must be able to send emails to users in the same domain and users in other students' domains in the class.
** Users in your domain must be able to receive emails from other email users (both in your domain and from other domains).
* An IMAP Access Agent (running dovecot) allowing users in your domain to remotely access their mail.** Users in your domain must be able to access/manage their mail box using IMAP(s) clients.
* You email server must be configured to check the SPF (sender policy framework) of other domains for incoming email and reject emails that are violating the sender policy.
* Configure your DNS server to implement and provide the SPF protection for your domain.* Configure your DNS server to implement and provide the DNSSEC records for your domain.**Provide the administrator for the .ops domain (your professor) with a copy of the DS key for your domain.
**Configure a DNSSEC Trust Anchor so that your co-nfs server considers the .ops server to already be authenticated. I will provide the key necessary for this through blackboard.
== Supporting Services ==
You need the following services and network infrastructure to support your Internet Email System (some of which should have been configured in assignment 1):
* Pri-dns must be the primary DNS name server for your domain with the proper MX record(s), SPF record(s), A record(s), and PTR record(s). It must be queriable by any machine.
**Provide the administrator of the .ops domain (your professor) with glue records for your domain.
* Co-nfs must be a caching DNS server, accessible to machines in your networks, that will forward traffic to the server for the ops domain (172.16.
19.1), then to your rns-ldap.
* Rns-ldap must be a forwarding server only.
**It must only be queriable by your co-nfs.
= Evaluation =
On the due date you will be tasked to:
# Add two new email users to your domain. Name of the new users will be given in class.
# receive the reply email from the designated user of the other domain.
# query a record from another domain
# query a record from another domain with dnssec information included.
I will post a script to blackboard that will capture your configuration and logs. You will run this script on your machines and upload the output to blackboard.
If you have any questions or need any clarification, please email your instructor at least one week before the posted due date.