→How is it actually used?
''' Preparations: '''
1. Download and unzip Prefix Scan.zip to a preferred location and open it with Visual Studio 2015.
4. Change the following project properties:
5. Comment out the “terminate” section in w3.main.cpp to end the application without waiting for user input.
''' Profiling: '''
1. Allow Advisor to survey the application by clicking on the Collect button under the Threading Workflow tab (on the left panel).
''' Further Analysis: '''
1. Looking at the report, you can pick targets from the list of Function Call Sites and Loops to annotate and determine if they are suitable for parallel framework code. For the purpose of this walkthrough, the inner loop of the upsweep in exclusive scan was chosen as the target for annotations.
2. To add annotations, include the <advisor-annotate.h> header file.
3. Mark a possible parallel site and task with the following macros:
4. Rebuild the project and you might need to re-run the Survey Analysis and the (optional) Trip Counts and FLOPS Analysis.