→What This Course is About
== What This Course is About ==
This course teaches the maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting in an Linux virtualized environment . Students will learn to install configure, customize, test and maintain common services available on Linux servers.
This course is the
third in a series of courses about Linux technologies.
* ULI101 taught you to be Linux user.
* OPS235 taught you to move from being a Linux user to being a Linux system administrator.
* OPS335 taught you to administer Linux servers (web servers, DNS servers, FTP servers, file sharing servers).
* OPS435 taught you how to automate server administration tasks using scripting tools
* OPS535 give you an opportunity to put your Linux Sever administrator skills in action by integrating NFS, NIS, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, SMTP
netowrk services and provide solutions to real world problems.
In this course you use a removable disk pack with the lab computers to set up a Linux system as a IP network router. You will also set up several
additional Linux systems using "Virtual Machines" to provide various network services.
== Learning by Doing ==