- 1 OPS535 Lab 4 (using Virutal Lab)
OPS535 Lab 4 (using Virutal Lab)
- Design the algorithm for setup and configure a Primary DNS server with dynamic zone based on Lab 4 - Dynamic DNS lab
- Create remote administration script(s) using bash/ansible based on your algorithm
- Deploy the remote administration scripts using bash/ansible on your Seneca VM2 in the OPS535 Virtual Lab
- Has access to Seneca VPN, and matrix.senecacollege.ca
- Complete the collection of baseline information on your assigned VMs (VM1, VM2, VM3, and VM4)
- Complete the Lab 4 - Dynamic DNS lab on your home VMs
- Setup and configure private network for your assigned VMs in the OPS535 Virtual Lab
- Configure VM1 as your control workstation for performing remote administration tasks on VM[2-4]
Investigation 1: Algorithm for setup and configure an Primary DNS server with Dynamic Zone
Based on the steps you performed on Lab 4 - Dynamic DNS lab, design and create an appropriate algorithm to setup and configure a Primary DNS server with Dynamic zone on your Seneca VM2 remotely from your control VM (Seneca VM1). You can follow the format used in Investigate 3, Task 1 in Lab 2 - NFS Lab on VL
- Name your algorithm as "lab4-ddns-algorithm.txt"
- Save your algorithm file to ~student/ops535/lab4/lab4-ddns-algorithm.txt
Investigation 2: Scripts for remote deployment of Primary DNS server with Dynamic Zone
Based on your algorithm created for investigation 1, write a bash script named "lab4-ddns-setup.bash" to implement all the steps on VM2 (pri-dns)
- save the script to ~student/ops535/lab4/scripts/lab4-ddns-setup.bash
Create an ansible playbook named "config-ddns.yml" to perform the same tasks as mentioned in task 1.
- save the ansible playbook to ~student/ops535/lab4/playbook/config-ddns.yml
- Run the playbook create in Task 2 above, and capture the output to a file named lab4_inv2_task3.txt in the directory ~student/ops535/lab3/log/
Completing the Lab
Follow the instructions on blackboard to submit the lab by the due date.