Preparing for Lab 5
Purpose of Lab5
Common Mistakes / Warnings
Preparing for Lab Sign-Off
In order to properly complete your lab and move to the next lab, you must have your instructor "sign-off" on your lab
- Each "signed-off" lab (before due date) is worth 1% of your final grade.
- Signing-off on labs help to spot errors that can cause problems with future labs.
- Students must run provided shell scripts to make certain they have properly followed labs instructions.
- Do you ask the instructor what to check for! Read at the bottom of the lab the requirements, and have all proof available for instructor to view at same time.
- Failing to be prepared and asking instructor what to check when assignment is mark will result in deduct of marks!
- For example, open multiple terminals with command results. If properly set-up ahead of sign-off, the process should only take instructor approx 20 seconds to sign-off your lab.
- If you do not have your lab-logbook, you MUST show your work and your lab log-book to your instructor for sign-off in the next class. This may cause a late penalty if past the required due date.
Lab 5 Debrief