Newsgroup Summary 1
Back to Mozilla.dev.builds
Summary: mozilla.dev.builds - September 22nd to September 28th 2006
- Peter Weilbacher posted a question and asked: How does one go about creating a .mar package that can be used in updating Firefox and Thunderbird? He has already tried achieving the changed files but unfortunately this does not work with a static build because the .exe files change every time.
- Nick Thomas, who's IRC nickname is (CF), responded to Peter's question. The solutions that he gave him are the following:
- Know the scripts in update-packaging. Specifically make_incremental_update.sh
- Change the settings in the .mozconfig file. Add these TWO options into the file:
I. mk_add_options MOZ_CO_MODULE="mozilla/tools/update-packaging"
II. ac_add_options --enable-update-packaging
- The script needs "mar" (to make the update file) and "mbsdiff" (to generate a binary diff).
- Read about installing a MAR file for software updates.
- For toolkit apps use the Update component combined with a http server that provides the mars and update info.
- Other useful links regarding software updates:
I. Software Update Information
II. About the nightly updates for Firefox & Thunderbird use patcher
III. Generate partials and AUS to serve the information to the apps.
IV. To figure out how the whole system fits together read the nightly update infrastructure
- There were no announcements this week.
- There were no discussions this week.
- There were no meetings this week.