GitHub Classroom Setup
- Create your free GitHub account (if you don’t already have one): https://github.com/join
- Follow the invitation link to Lab 1 found on Blackboard.
- Click on your Seneca e-mail address to join the classroom roster. (Do not skip this step!)
- Click “Accept this assignment”.
- Wait for your repository to be set up.
- When complete, click on the link by “Your assignment has been created here.”
- Repeat steps 2, 4, 5, and 6 for each lab and assignment invite link.
Setup and Configure Git on CentOS 7
- Install git (as root):
yum install git
- Configure git with your full name:
git config --global user.name "Firstname Lastname"
- Configure git with your Seneca e-mail address:
git config --global user.email "email@example.com"
- Generate a SSH key-pair to add to your GitHub account:
ssh-keygen # Follow defaults (hit enter)
- Display your SSH public key to copy/paste:
- Paste your SSH public key (starting from ssh-rsa) to your GitHub account: https://github.com/settings/ssh/new
Accessing GitHub Labs and Assignments
- All labs and assignments can be found here: https://www.github.com/ops435/
- Each repository contains your own individual code and is set to private. The only people who can see it are you and your professor.
Cloning Labs and Assignments
- To clone (download locally) your lab using SSH:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ops435/lab1-yourgithubusername.git ~/ops435/lab1/
- Substitute your GitHub username and lab number in the above command.