Development and submission steps using SVN - OOP344 20111
From CDOT Wiki
Checkout team repository
- create a directory on the local machine (this happens usually only once on each workstation for development)
- checkout the repository into the directory
- using GUI (TortoiseSVN) right click on the directory and select SVN Checkout
- by doing this you have a copy of the whole repo on your computer.
Create your workspace
- create a directory in branches using your seneca id
- add this directory to the repository (right click on the dir and select TortoiseSVN/add)
- commit this dir to repo so it will be saved on the server (right click on the dir and select SVN Commit
- note that this dir is referred as your workspace
branch the trunk for development
- branch the trunk into a dir under your workspace in branches
- 1. Right-click on trunk directory
- 2. Choose TortoiseSVN and click on branch/tag...
- 3. Click on the [...] button on the right under "To URL:"
- 4. Go to the root directory, then branches directory, click on your workspace, then press "OK"
- 5. Edit the URL created by adding a slash and a directory name you want (a.k.a create a new directory)
- 6. The directory name should be a name of your work (whatever you are going to work on)
- 7. Type in the log message and press "OK"
- update your repository to get the branch on your local machine
start coding and complete the task
- commit (commit changes back to repo on server)
merge the branch back to trunk
- make sure branch is commited
- right click on trunk and select TortoiseSVN/merge
- select your branch
- merge by default settings and resolve possible conficts
Test and commit trunk
- recompile and test merged trunk
- update trunk status on wiki team page to commiting
- if the status is already commiting wait for it to be done
- commit trunk
- resolve possible problems
- commit again
- update trunk status on wiki team page to commited