Canvas3D XUL Runner App 0.2
Here's the progress so far on v0.2 of the XUL Runner App project.
This package should not be a full-fledged browser.
- Don't allow access to URLs that start with anything other than "http://www.c3dl.org/".
- Remove browser buttons from the interface (such as the back button).
End goal is to only have examples accessible.
- Examples can be downloaded when user has internet access.
- Examples will be saved locally for times when internet is not available.
- Examples are accessible from a dropdown menu.
Canvas 3d Library source can be saved for a later release.
Nov 15, v0.2!
Version zero dot two has now been uploaded!! Enjoy! *^.^*
- Download and extract.
- Run "mybrowser.exe".
- "Creative commons license" link at the bottom of the page would normally take you out of "c3dl.org"; try it out!
- In theory, it is cross platform.
- Changes are to .js and .xul files, which are cross platform friendly.
- It uses an exe to run, so maybe it is Windows only?
- Limiting the user to c3dl.org is now recognized as a safety measure.
- Canvas 3d has direct access to your video card!!
- Where there is access to something precious, there is a dangerous hack in the making.
Things to do
- Right now, navigating out of c3dl.org will return you to the c3dl homepage. An error page would be more appropriate.
A test draft of ver0.2 is in the works.
- Back, Forward, Stop, and Reload buttons have been removed.
- URL bar has been removed.
Things to do
- Limit visitable URLs to the "http://c3dl.org/" domain.
- Talk to Cathy about possibility of revising ver0.2 specifications.