CDOT Mobile Lab
From CDOT Wiki
This page outlines the procedure for borrowing equipment from CDOT's Mobile Lab.
- Equipment is available for capstone project and applied research only, with an identified external partner (business/organization).
- Up to 2 pieces of equipment may be signed out per project.
- Equipment can only be signed out by faculty. Faculty will confirm equipment return as a condition of course completion.
- Equipment is available on a 1-month, renewable loan.
- CDOT applied research takes precedence for equipment use.
- No cellular account is provided (e.g., sim card). Devices may be used with other connectivity (e.g., WiFi) or the users may supply a SIM card, where applicable.
- Policy exceptions will be considered with written justification.
- Faculty member sends an email to email@example.com with this information:
- Project title
- Student(s) involved
- Equipment requested
- Course code (if applicable)
- Plan for resetting equipment state to original condition (software, accounts, data, pairing)
- External partner (required)
- The CDOT receptionist will respond with:
- Equipment availability (available/already signed out)
- Proposed pickup date/time (according to her/his schedule)
- Faculty will meet with the CDOT receptionist at the agreed-upon time to pick up equipment. A due date will be assigned.
- Faculty will return equipment on or before due date, or show up in person to renew the loan.