BTP300B Team 6 Weekly Log
- 09/09/2012: Got into group and finished the display function (Assignment 1).
- 10/09/2012: Finished the definitions for each key in the edit function (Assignment 1).
- 10/09/2012: Met early and completed the edit function.
- 11/09/2012: Contributed question about macros/pre-processors and whether string substitution is possible.
- 12/09/2012: Debugged most of the code and got an executable file.
- 12/09/2012: Started debugging (Assignment 1).
- 17/09/2012: Further debugging of the code including left and right movement.
- 18/09/2012: Fixing errors to with the text going off the field length.
- 19/09/2012: Fixing errors to do with the printing of unwanted characters.
- 19/09/2012: Contributed question about pointer arithmetic precedence and whether *(int*) p is same as (*(int*)p) for void* p;
- 20/09/2012: Debugged the majority of the remaining code and compiled and tested on different platforms (after school nearly 5+ hours).
- 20/09/2012: Updated some code and almost fully debugged (after school nearly 3+ hours).
- 20/09/2012: Wrote application file. Compiling and preparing for submission.
- 24/09/2012: Outlined an overall structure of the assignment and visualized how each function and member is connected to each other.
- 25/09/2012: Wrote out the framework of the header and cpp files.
- 25/09/2012: Coded and completed the following functions: absrow, abscol, goMiddle and all of the fetch and set functions (bordered, frame, row, col, height and width)
- 27/09/2012: Rough outline of CFrame and setLine function was started
- 28/09/2012: CFrame and setLine functions finished.
- 29/09/2012: capture and draw functions started and finished
- 01/10/2012: Started and finished coding edit and display function.
- 02/10/2012: Did error checking and got an a.out file.
- 03/10/2012: Started and finished coding hide and move functions.
- 03/10/2012: Began testing and debugging.
- 04/10/2012: Stuck on debugging, frame prints itself numerous times while moving.
- 05/10/2012: Stuck on debugging, attempting to get help.
Progress for Release 0.2 is tracked in the README files on the SVN
CField > Radney, Rubinder
CLine > Radney, Rubinder
CLabel > Elsi, Shavauhn
CButton > Elsi, Shavauhn
November 2, 2012 - November 10, 2012
- - constructor
- - header file
- - draw()
- - editable()
- - Edit()
- - constructor
- - header file (modified destructor for dynamic delete)
- - curField()
- - curIndex()
- - add(CField*)
Started working on Assignment 3i
Proposed Design: Walk-in clinic
We will have a Patient Object containing ID, Name and a Service Object Service object further saves a list of services given to the patient, storing service name and date/time
We will be working on some of Tier 1(Main menu) without CIO, Tier 2(Storing of data) and Tier 3(File Access)
For Tier 2 We will be storing the patient objects in a generic linked list we will be implementing the following functions
4. sort - this also includes coding 2 separate functions to sort by name and ID initially we were also to implement sorting by service date, but given the time constraint,we will skip that for now and only sort by Patient ID and patient Name
For Tier 3 we will be implementing read and write functions using a binary file
And we'll be developing a test main to test Tier 2 and Tier 3
Breakdown of work:
Basic structure of Linked List, patient and service objects - Rubinder and Radney
Append, remove, retrieve and sort functions - Rubinder
File Access - Radney
Small Test Main - Radney
Utilities - Radney
Debugging - Rubinder and Radney