“Build the Fox”
Assignment 1 is meant to get you up to speed on the Mozilla environment as quickly as possible.
Wednesday September 20th.
____/20 (Build Completed) + ___/10 (All Requirements Met) + ___/5 (Report)
Worth 10% of your final grade.
Build Firefox on Windows, Linux, or Mac. For help see: http://developer.mozilla.org
You must hand-in a report (approximately 2-4 pages) detailing:
- Steps you took to complete the build
- Software you installed
- Problems you encountered
- How you solved those problems
- Resources you used to complete your work (people, web sites, etc.)
- Screenshot of Help > About Mozilla Firefox in your custom build
- Conclusions and reflections on your first experience building Firefox
Create a page for yourself on the wiki and link it to People. Publish your report there.
See hardware/software setup information in DPS909 Course Software Setup
You will have problems. Don’t give up! It’s ok to help each other.