WonderCode 20123 - OOP344
WonderCode (Team 2)
Project Marking Percentage
- due immediately
Group work: 40% (25 <= xx <= 50) Individual work: 60% + (50 <= xx <= 75) ------------------------- Total 100%
- repo Github id: II-WonCod (https://github.com/Seneca-OOP344/II-WonCod.git)
|First Name||Last Name||Section||Seneca Id||Github ID||wiki id||IRC nick||Blog URL|
|Guiwen||Chen||B||gchen42||Github:guiwen||Guiwen Chen||chgw||Guiwen's Blog|
|Linpei||Fan||B||lfan9||Github:lilyfan||Linpei Fan||Lilyaj||Learning Path to Software Development|
|Hye Young (Rody)||Choi||B||hychoi6||Github:rodychoi||Hye Young Choi||RodyChoi||Happy Life|
|Diao Qiang||He||A||dqhe1||Github:diaoqianghe||Diao Qiang He||Antares||Diao Qiang He's Blog|
|Jie Ming (Jay)||Feng||B||jmfeng1||Github:jayfeng||Jie Ming Feng||jayfeng||Blue Jay C++|
Issues and Status
0.2 Milestone (Due Fri 9th)
- Add console class to project and test with cio_test (issue 1) (by Linpei Fan and reviewed by Guiwen Chen)
- Create Mock-up classes
- Create the class files (header and cpp) with blank methods and make sure they compile
- CField Mock-up Class (issue 2.1) (by Guiwen Chen and reviewed by Linpei Fan)
- CLabel Mock-up Class (issue 2.2) (by Linpei Fan and reviewed by Rody Choi)
- CDialog Mock-up Class (issue 2.3) (by Rody Choi and reviewed by Diaoqiang He)
- CLineEdit Mock-up Class (issue 2.4) (by Diaoqiang He and reviewed by JieMing Feng)
- CButton Mock-up Class (issue 2.5) (by Jieming Feng and reviewed by Guiwen Chen)
- CValEdit Mock-up Class (issue 2.6) (by Guiwen Chen and reviewed by Lipei Fan)
- CCheckMark Mock-up Class (issue 2.7)(by Linpei Fan and reviewed by Rody Choi)
- Add Text Class to the project (issue 2.8.1) (by Rody Choi and reviewed by Diaoqiang He)
- CText Mock-up Class (issue 2.8.2) (by Diaoqiang He and reviewed by Jieming Feng)
- CCheckList Mock-up Class (issue 2.9) (by Jieming Feng and reviewed by Guiwen Chen)
0.3 Milestone (Due Sat 17 & Sun 18)
- CField, Dialog and Label (by Guiwen Chen, Linpei Fan & Rody Choi)
- line Edit (by Diaoqiang He )
- Data members in any classes start with underscore(_);
- Use meaningfully variable name;
- Comment properly;
- Use 4 spaces for each indentation;
- Define each variable in a new line;
- Keep functions simple and clear;
- Use safeguards in header file (i.e.: #pragma once)
Meetings (latest will be on top)
- Merging and Solve Merging Problems and Nov. 9: Audio conference in Skype. Discussed the problems on merging. There were some errors when merging branch back to master. It prompted that there were unmerged files and merge conflict. Explored those problem. Finally, all branches were merged to master by resetting it.
- Branching Again in Git and Nov. 8: Met in person in school. Discussed more details on previous topics.
- Branching in Github and Nov. 5: Meeting held in IRC. Discussed how to use GUI and command line to create branches, create issues and make pull requests.
- DH1118: To easily find the latest codes from Github in the Object, we have to make sure we push the updates to THE branches...
- RC1116: Every project needs to be managed by milestone and issues, doesn't it? and we need to review the codes before merge to master.
- DH1109: Indentation! Plz use exactly 4 spaces for each indentation. Otherwise, when we open the codes in Github in the "master", they will look ugly. To set this up, go Visual C++ - Tools - Options - Text Editor - C/C++ - Tabs, set "Indenting" to "Smart", choose "Insert spaces", and set both "Tab size" and "Indent size" to 4. Or, go Notepad++ - Settings - Preferences - Language Menu/Tab Settings, set "Tab size" to 4 and check "Replace by space".
- DH1106-2: I am thinking about how to communicate effectively. I guess we have to narrow down to just 1 or 2 places to meet constantly, so that we could keep in tight touch during this project. I'll start with an email to you and hopefully we'll get to an agreement these days.
- DH1106-1: One suggestion -- can we always add a thread id in front of each discussion? As you see, it could start with the name initials and then the date. The benefit is that we could refer to the particular problem simply by using the thread id when we are discussing it in other places, e.g. the chatting room, the discussion board, the blog, the github, the class, the documentation.
- I am in trouble because I push the "fork" button. I think I changed the master...Can you anybody help me?? @.@ <-- I emailed Fardad to help me out. Sorry for that
- Does anyone know where methods _frame->draw() or draw() in void CFrame::refresh() comes from? I cannot find it in Bconsole or Console. In CFrame, there is a draw(int) method. But I am not sure if it calls draw(int). --> Hey Lily, if you click F12 on the draw() text, you can see the function's definition,(maybe you already know that) so I think _frame->draw() comes from CFrame::draw(). If you have other opinion, let me know. ^^