Winter 2013 DPS911 and OSD700 Project Info
- Implement a stand-alone C implementation of http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/
- Implement the track element (see bug 629350 and track section in HTML5 spec) in Firefox, such that it can use the aforementioned parser
- Complete this work in 2013, have it land in mozilla-central, ship in Firefox.
For Seneca students, patches should land in the humphd repo first, from which the mozilla repo will get updated.
- webvtt-dev mailing list for students in DPS911 and OSD700 for course, project co-ordination
- dev-media mailing list, for async contact with Mozilla media developers
- #media irc channel, for real-time contact with Mozilla media developers. Ralph is 'rillian' on irc.
- #introduction irc channel, for real-time help with general Mozilla development
- #seneca irc channel, for course/project back-channel communication
- http://www.w3.org/community/texttracks/ consider joining the public mailing list
Each student is expected to drive (i.e., lead, manage) one or more areas of the project. A project of this scale and scope doesn't get finished without people watching, and caring about, all its various aspects. An initial list of major areas (please add those not included):
- Build System, Build Automation, CI: Jordan
- Issues, Bugs, Triage: Shayan
- Documentation - External: name
- Documentation - Internal: name
- DOM Interface Implementation(s): Dale
- WEBVTT Parser Implementation: Caitlin
- WEBVTT Parser Integration within Gecko: Rick
- WEBVTT Spec Tests: Shayan
- DOM Tests: Jordan
- Spec Change, Conformance, etc. Management: name