Weekly Schedule 20121 - OOP344
- 1 OOP344 -- Weekly Schedule 2012/1 (Winter Semester)
- 1.1 Week 1 - Jan 8
- 1.2 Week 2 - Jan 15
- 1.3 Week 3 - Jan 22
- 1.4 Week 4 - Jan 30
- 1.5 Week 5 - Feb 05
OOP344 -- Weekly Schedule 2012/1 (Winter Semester)
- Watch the lecture, scroll bellow to resources (week 4)!
Week 1 - Jan 8
- Introduction to Open Source development.
- Collaboration Tools:
- Code Repository
Form a team of 3 to 5 students and select a name for your team. (members can be from both sections of oop344)
- Create an account on this wiki, (please use your seneca email id for your wiki id)
- Join the IRC by registering your nickname on freenode server and joining the #seneca-oop344 channel for 344 related dialog
Additional channels of interest: #seneca to interact with all Seneca students participating in opensource projects, and #seneca-social for Social (off-topic) dialog.
- Create a blog (if you don't already have one)
- Add your name to the OOP344 Student List
- Download SVN and check out the OOP344 repo(svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/oop344) to get the notes done in class (userid: "oop344", no password)
- Create your team page using provided template
- TortoiseSVN download page for windows
- A quick tutorial for SVN: Source Control in Ten Minutes
- create console application projects in Visual Studio
- IRC account and login (in Windows)
- RabbitVCS - Linux alternative to TortoiseSVN
- Compare IRC clients
- How To edit Wiki pages
- How To edit Wiki Cheatsheet
- Free Xchat for windows
- Colloquy an IRC Client for Mac
- RapidSVN a SVN Client for Mac
Week 2 - Jan 15
- project review
- Form your teams and send me ONE email per team containing team member complete Seneca info.
- Update the Team page.
- If you are not able to join a team send me an email to place your myself.
- Each team should have their own page like this team. Click here for more info.
Week 3 - Jan 22
- pointers review, pointer arithmetic
- project review
- Finalize your teams
- Some notes from the Thursday class can be found here (apetrus)
- 26-Jan-2012.mp4 Also if you are interested audio lecture in one file.mp4 (55 mb)
Week 4 - Jan 30
- SVN account submissions
- attributes (member variables
- Operators in C
- pure virtual methods
- abstract base classes
- Review your teams
- If you missed this class (Thursday) or you couldn't follow along because fardad speaks too fast. whatever the reason you can watch the lecture here!
- I have also posted some class notes here and here (apetrus)
- 02-Feb-2012.mp4 Also if you are interested audio lecture in one file.mp4 (85 mb)
Week 5 - Feb 05