Weekly Schedule 20111 - OOP344
OOP344 -- Weekly Schedule 2011/1 (Winter Semester)
Week 1 - Jan 9
- Introduction to Open Source development.
- Collaboration Tools:
- Code Repository
Due date: January 15th , 23:59 (11:59pm)
Form a team of 3 to 5 students and select a name for your team. (members can be from both sections of oop344)
- Create an account on this wiki, (please use your seneca email id for your wiki id)
- Join the IRC by registering your nickname on freenode server and joining the #seneca-oop344 channel for 344 related dialog
Additional channels of interest: #seneca to interact with all Seneca students participating in opensource projects, and #seneca-social for Social (off-topic) dialog.
- Create a blog (if you don't already have one)
- Add your name to the OOP344 Student List
- Download SVN and check out the OOP344 repo(svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/oop344) to get the notes done in class (userid: "oop344", no password)
- Create you team page using provided template
- A quick tutorial for SVN: Source Control in Ten Minutes
- create console application projects in Visual Studio
- IRC account and login (in Windows)
- RabbitVCS - Linux alternative to TortoiseSVN
- Compare IRC clients
Week 2 - Jan 16
- Finalizing team members
- 144/244 review and more
- Basic Data Types
- Addresses and Pointers
- Preprocessor Directives
- Console IO
- ncurses (Linux)
- curses (Mac/AIX)
- conio/windows.h (Windows)
- conio.h (Borland?)
- Prj 0.1 startup
- IO lib (BIO)
Due date: January 24nd , 23:59 (11:59pm)
- Finalize your teams and indicate it on the team page.
- Verify and Correct your team name in the Teams' List page, following the format indicated.
- Practical Programming Techniques Using C++
- Preprocessor Directives page 3
- Basic Data Types Page 21
- Addresses and Pointers Page 28
- Direct Terminal IO page 12
Week 3 - Jan 23
- Pointers, Arithmetic
- Arrays, (Multi-dimensional)
- BIO (continued)
- 0.1 Release is due on Wed Feb 2nd
- write this function and blog about it:
- Another challenge for OOP344 Students, code the definition of this function in one line and blog about it:
- Start Date: Saturday, January 29th, 2011
- Due Date : Friday, February 4th, 2011
- "Watch" all the important pages.
- Make sure you verified your email account already.
- Click on "my preferences" on top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "E-mail me when a page on my watchlist is changed".
- Save your changes and go to the pages that you wish to watch and click on "watch" on the top of the screen.
- Strongly suggest to watch: the current page, Project 20111 - OOP344, and OOP344 Student Resources