Inter-device Web Accessibility
With web technologies evolving to allow more creative and striking web displays on computers, many developers are failing to accommodate other devices such as cell phones or PDAs, bringing a need for a more inclusive accessibility assessment to avoid alienating functionality and navigation from all users.
Accessibility, Evaluation, Education, Section 508, people with disabilities, guidelines, methodologies, metadata, contextual design, automated usability evaluation, design guidelines, empirical studies, usability, web site design, ATAG, UAAG, W3C, WAI, WCAG, World Wide Web, Internet, ageing, disability, impairment, older people, usability, device-tailored evaluations, mobile web, web device, disability rights
- S. K. Kane, J. A. Shulman, T. J. Shockley, and R. E. Ladner. “A web accessibility report card for top international university web sites.” Proceedings of the 2007 international cross-disciplinary conference on Web accessibility (W4A) 225 (2007), 148-156. ACM. 17 October 2010, <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1243441.1243472>
- D. Sloan, A. Heath, F. Hamilton, B. Kelly, H. Petrie, and L. Phipps. “Contextual Web Accessibility – Maximizing the beneﬁt of Accessibility Guidelines.” Proceedings of the 2006 International Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Web Accessibility (W4A) 134 (2006), 121–131. ACM. 17 October 2010, <http://portal.acm.org /citation.cfm?doid=1133219.1133242>
- R. Dodd. “20 years on: the Dexter Model of Hypertext and its impact on web accessibility.” SIGACCESS Newsletter Issue 90 (Jan 2008), 3-13. ACM. <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1340779.1340780>
- M. Y. Ivory and R. Megraw. “Evolution of web site design patterns.” ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) 23. 4 (2005) 463-497. ACM. <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1095872.1095876>
- A. Arch. “Web accessibility for older users: successes and opportunities (keynote).” Proceedings of the 2009 International Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Web Accessibility (W4A) (2009), 1-6. ACM. <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1535654.1535655>
- M. Vigo, A. Aizpruna, M. Arrue, J. Abascal. “Evaluating web accessibility for specific mobile devices.” Proceedings of the 2008 International Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Web Accessibility (W4A) 317 (2008), 65–72. ACM. <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1368044.1368059>
- L. G. Reid and A. Snow-Weaver. “WCAG 2.0: a web accessibility standard for the evolving web.” Proceedings of the 2008 International Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Web Accessibility (W4A) 317 (2008), 109-115. ACM. Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON. <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1368044.1368069>
- O. Ball and D. Sweeney. “Is Your Web Site Violating Human Rights?” Activating Human Rights and Peace: Universal Responsibility Conference 2008 Conference Proceedings (23 December 2008), 167-173. Southern Cross University. ISBN 978-0-9804980-5-9 <http://epubs.scu.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1526&context=sass_pubs#page=168>
- J. Clarkson, P. Langdon and P. Robinson. Designing Accessible Technology, 199-208. London: Springer (2006).
- S. Horton. Access by Design : a Guide to Universal Usability for Web Designers. Berkeley, CA: New Riders (2006).
- J. Sydik. Design Accessible Web Sites: Thirty-six Keys to Creating Content for All Audiences and Platforms. Raleigh, N.C. : Pragmatic Bookshelf 2007