Your Ubuntu Linux "Guide on the Side"
This WIKI is a resource for people to learn how to work in the Open Source environment.
Below are links to pages to provide useful help.
Why Should I Use Linux?
Setting up Ubuntu:
- Obtain a Ubuntu CD for free (burn a copy)
- Install Ubuntu While Running MS Windows (WUBI)
- Install Ubuntu (boot from CD)
- Setup and install a Diskless Computer Lab (LTSP - Edubuntu) (Boot from CD)
- Getting Connected to Internet
- Customize Your Ubuntu System
- Install Applications in Ubuntu
- Open Office (Office Suite)
- Gimp (Image Manipulation)
- Audacity (Audio Recording | Processing)
- Cinelerra (Non Linear Video Editor)
- MPlayer (Media Player)
- Devede (Media Transcoder)
- Mythtv (TV Digital Video Recorder)
- Cxoffice (Run MS Office in Linux)
- Educational Software (Kids)
- Educational Software (High-school / College)
- Educational software (Adult)
- Taking Screen Captures
- Administration Tools
- File Manager
- Virtualbox (Run Windows in Linux)
- VMPlayer (Run Linux in Windows)
- List of Useful Applications (by Category)
- Cedega Gaming Service (Play PC games on Linux)
- Frozen Bubble
- Planet Penguin Racer (formerly Tux Racer)
- Open Arena