|Prior to this course, I've never been involved with open source projects. This course has opened up my eyes to the Mozilla community and I'm really impressed with the work that the Mozilla community members have done in their spare time. By far, this is one of the most interesting courses I've ever taken at Seneca and I can't express greater gratitude to be given the opportunity to be part of this fascinating project.
Build The Fox
- Firefox Build Documentation (Assignment 1)
LIST IS STILL IN PROGRESS
List is in no particular order
- Localized the extension to Bahasa Melayu (Malay)
- Language used widely in Malaysia, Singapore, and other south east Asian countries
- Completed documentation for CSS Vertical-Align
- In progress:
- Documenting source code
- Starting off with:
- svn.pl and makewrapper.pl - DONE (Reflects the comments Richard Chu made after my first submission)
- My comments about svn.pl
- For Update subroutine
- Shouldn't users also be allowed to use BASE, COMMITTED, PREV to update?
- Currently, subroutine only allows these revision values: HEAD and numbers
- Currently you allow svn update command to perform even if file is not defined, shouldn't it disallow svn update to perform if file is undefined?
- Richard Chu:
- The users should probably be able to use those revision keywords. And it is a really minor change to allow that subroutine to allow those keywords.
- I'm pretty sure the svn update command will perform even though no file is defined.
- Then, files in the Test directory: - IN PROGRESS
- Test.pm, TestCase.pm, TestSuite.pm, TestResult.pm, and TestRunner.pm
XUL Runner Guide
- Went over the Hello World tutorial, commented it and several ways to improve it:
- Looked into automating the task for Wiki to PDF conversion.
- This task is such a challenge. I've looked into most of the sites that explain about how converting wiki to PDF could be done.
- Most of the solutions entail embedding php code in the settings file etc. Not the solution that Mike Lau is looking for.
- Most of the extensions for this task are either broken or for sysadmins, and I was on the verge of giving up looking for an easy solution to this task.
- Downloaded and installed WikiPDF, a Mediawiki extension. Only for sysadmins.
- Found this, but it's broken: If you just want to make a PDF file from a Wikipedia article, go to: http://wiki.auf-trag.de/
- Rob Campbell recommended this: http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/Wiki_to_PDF
- Dean Woodside also provided some links that I haven't gone over thoroughly, but at a glance, it looks like it's only for sysadmin
- Wiki 2 PDF discussion
- I'm highly interested in taking on the role of getting Wiki 2 PDF working for our wiki. However, this task is impeded by my hectic schedule. I've spoken to Dave Humphrey and will look into this task after exams. Furthermore, we don't have access to zenit.
Bug Triage Extension
- Will be testing this extension on Dec 10 2006
- Created a bug for Buggy Bar!!
- Check it out - The buggy bug!
- For some reason it wouldn't allow me to upload png files
Extending the Buildbot
- Collaborated with Tom Aratyn, Ben Hearsum, Vanessa Miranda and Philip Vitorino in hosting Hack Day
- The aim of this event was to provide a common place for students to work on their Open Source projects and also for them to practice the meaning of Open Source
- Students were also well-fed with junk food!!
- Read about it: Hack Day!
Mozilla Seneca Wiki Administration
SVN at a glance
- Wrote a proper documentation on how to use SVN to put all the commonly used commands for our DPS909 projects in one place.
- Hosted several functional testing events
- Test Days
- Friday, October 06, 2006, from 7am - 5pm PDT
- The pre-release candidate of 18.104.22.168 unofficial Test Day. (Wednesday, November 29, 2006)
- Firefox Performance Testing etc.
- Tried to get student participation in QA related events
Fixed MDC Windows Build Prerequisites documentation
Created this template which is a cleaner look for the main page
- Didn't end up using it for the main page
- Started on the project and then took over Firefox Performance Testing : A Python framework for Windows
- Built Thunderbird to find out the problems Eva Or was having because I wasn't helping her much by speculating what the problem was without physically seeing the problem/build
- It built successfully on my comp with the the files required (.mozconfig, build files etc.) but the same files didn't build for Eva Or. According to her, Clint found out that it was a debugging problem.
- Looked into the old itip files, wanted to help Eva Or with it but due to time constraints, this is impossible (Not a contribution)
- Participated in Calendar Test Day. Filed a bug: