BirdTorrent -- Torrent support for Songbird!
The goal of this project is to create an add-on that allows Songbird to handle .torrent files. The basic idea is to cut out the middle man, allowing users to download music from torrent sites directly to their library.
Anthony Hughes [ashughes] - This is me!
Currently, there are no contributors to this project.
The goal of this milestone is to get libtorrent compiled as a static library and be able to wrap it into an XPCOM component. To demonstrate the proof of this working, I plan to inject a simple HelloWorld alert statement into one of the libtorrent functions.
Expected Release Date: Oct 17, 2008
Compile Libtorrent as a static library
Compile Songbird's XPCOM HelloWorld Addon
Research Make for how to wrap libtorrent
Get sbHelloWorld and libtorrent built into one xpi
Inject torrent::version() into sbHelloWorld() constructor to print libtorrent version to console
Improve previous to alert() from a menu option in the UI
- Clean up the code to make the addon my own (renaming sbHelloWorld -> birdTorrent)
25 - September - 2008
- Posted 0.1 Milestone goal
- Detailed first tasks for 0.1 Milestone
18 - September - 2008
- Successfully built Songbird
- Build time was approximately 5m21s
16 - September - 2008
- Successfully set up build environment
- Successfully built Songbird XPCOM_HelloWorld add-on
- Successfully built libtorrent as a static library
- Need to read documentation for MAKE to put the two above together