Difference between revisions of "ULI101 Assignment 3"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
<li>Matrix and Seneca
Revision as of 08:39, 11 September 2020
ULI101 - Introduction to Unix/Linux and the Internet
Assignment #3: Still More Unix/Linux concepts
Objective: To gain experience with more of the fundamentals of Unix/Linux commands and the file system.
Due date: December 11, 2020
Value: 6% of final course mark
Perform the following steps on Matrix:
- Make sure that you have access to the Matrix server, which is required to do the ULI101
- Your Matrix account should be the same userid and password as your Seneca Email and Blackboard accounts
- If you don't already have a Matrix account, follow this link: https://matrix.senecac.on.ca/selfservice/agree/agreement.php
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of problems
- Enter the following on Matrix: ~uli101/assign3
- You will see the following important notes:
- Hit ENTER and you'll see the following, assuming you had previously selected section "A":
- As you can see, the assignment is divided into 6 parts. Incomplete
parts will be highlighted, as will incomplete sections within each part.
- There is a total possible mark of 9, with 1.5 marks added for each completed part.
- Instead of late penalties, there is an additional mark awarded for on-time completion by the specified due date.
- Assignment sections completed after the due date for assignment 3 will not be accepted for marks
- When you complete each section, your updated mark will be displayed on the main selection menu.
- Assignments MUST consist of the student's OWN work and MUST run on Matrix.