ULI101 Assignment 3
Revision as of 16:06, 6 January 2020 by Msaul
ULI101 - Introduction to Unix/Linux and the Internet
Assignment #3: Still More Unix/Linux concepts
Objective: To gain experience with more of the fundamentals of Unix/Linux commands and the file system.
Due date: April 10 2020
Value: 6% of final course mark
Perform the following steps on Matrix:
- Make sure that you have access to the Matrix server, which is required to do the ULI101
- If you have never logged into Matrix before and you are new to Seneca, check your email for confirmation that your Matrix account has been automatically created. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of problems.
- Your Matrix account should be the same userid and password as your Seneca Email and Blackboard accounts.
- Enter the following on Matrix: ~uli101/assign3
- You will see the following important notes:
- Hit ENTER and you'll see the following, assuming you had previously selected section "A":
- As you can see, the assignment is divided into 6 parts. Incomplete
parts will be highlighted, as will incomplete sections within each part.
- There is a total possible mark of 6, with 1 mark added for each completed part.
- As noted, there will be no late marks for this assignment. Only sections completed by midnight
of December 6 will be awarded marks.
- When you complete each section, your updated mark will be displayed on the main selection menu.
- Assignments MUST consist of the student's OWN work and MUST run on Matrix.