ULI101 Assignment 2
Revision as of 16:08, 7 September 2019 by Les.czegel (Changed formatting to be similar to the html page.)
ULI101 - Introduction to Unix/Linux and the Internet
Assignment #2: More Unix/Linux concepts
Objective: To gain more experience with some of the fundamentals of Unix/Linux commands.
Due date: November 8, by midnight (will be available on September 30, by 8 a.m.)
Value: 6% of final course mark
Perform the following steps on Matrix:
- Make sure that you have access to the Matrix server, which is required to do the ULI101
- If you have never logged into Matrix before and you are new to Seneca, check your email for confirmation that your Matrix account has been automatically created. Contact email@example.com in case of problems.
- Your Matrix account should be the same userid and password as your Seneca Email and Blackboard accounts.
- To begin Assignment 2, enter the following on Matrix:
- You will see the following important notes:
- Hit ENTER and you'll see the following, assuming you had previously selected section "A":
- As you can see, the assignment is divided into 6 parts. Incomplete
parts will be highlighted, as will incomplete sections within each part.
- There is a total possible mark of 6, with 1 mark added for each completed part.
- As noted, late marks will be deducted at the rate of 0.6 marks (10%) per day for
parts completed after midnight of November 8.
- When you complete each section, your updated mark will be displayed on the main selection menu.
- Assignments MUST consist of the student's OWN work and MUST run on Matrix.