ULI101 Assignment 1 SH
Revision as of 12:19, 12 September 2019 by Chris.johnson (Created page with " <h1>ULI101 - Introduction to Unix/Linux and the Internet</h1> <h2>Assignment #1: Introduction to Unix/Linux Concepts</h2> <p><b>Objective:</b> To gain experience with...")
ULI101 - Introduction to Unix/Linux and the Internet
Assignment #1: Introduction to Unix/Linux Concepts
Objective: To gain experience with some of the fundamentals of Unix/Linux commands and the file system.
Due date: October 4, 2019, by midnight
Value: 6% of final course mark
Perform the following steps on Matrix:
- Make sure that you have access to the Matrix server, which is required to do the ULI101
- If you have never logged into Matrix before and you are new to Seneca, check your email for confirmation that your Matrix account has been automatically created. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of problems.
- Your Matrix account should be the same userid and password as your Seneca Email and Blackboard accounts.
- To begin Assignment 1, enter the following on Matrix:
- You will see the following screen, please select the correct ULI101 section and professor (A to ZD):
- You will see the following important notes on the next screen:
- Hit ENTER and you'll see the following, assuming you selected section "A":
- As you can see, the assignment is divided into 6 parts. Incomplete
parts will be highlighted, as will incomplete sections within each part.
- There is a total possible mark of 6, with 1 mark added for each completed part.
- As noted, late marks will be deducted at the rate of 0.6 marks (10%) per day for
parts completed after midnight of October 4.
- When you complete each section, your updated mark will be displayed on the main selection menu.
- Assignments MUST consist of the student's OWN work and MUST run on Matrix.