Teams Winter 2011/team6/lab3
This tutorial walks thru creating a new RCP application with Eclipse, and how to have it ready to run with the correct configuration
Download Eclipse: There are two options. You can download the ready to go RAP Developer Eclipse version, or you can download EClipse Classic, and install the necessary packages to make it rcp-cabaple. For this tutorial, we did the second.
Creating the RCP Application
- Start Eclipse
- Create or select a workspace
- Click on File -> New -> Project
- Select Plugin Development -> Plugin Project
- Give your project a name, click Next
- Select "Yes" to "Would you like to create a rich client application", Click Next
- Select Hello RCP as a template
- Right click on the project -> Run As... -> Run Configurations
- Select the plugins Tab, and select "Validate plugins automatically prior to launching"
- After this, the project can be launched, and busines logic can be added to it thru new packages and classes