Teams Winter 2011/team2/lab5
Team 2 -ECL500
Android Application Development with Eclipse - Lab 5
For this lab, we will create a small Android application called Parking that will search in a database and shows number of cars based on searched brand and model.
1. First we have to install Android SDk. the latest version is in AnDroidSDK.
- we can install different virtual machines with this SDK manager
2. Then we have to prepare Eclipse for developing Android by going to Help -> install new software. and add https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ repository.
3. Then in Windows-> preference -> Android we have to set location of SDK that we installed at step 1
1. start a New Android Project by choosing File -> New -> Android Project 2. Type Project Name and Properties of App ( for convenience you can choose create project from existing Sample) 3. Eclipse SDK give developers a GUI interface to design Application easy. by click on res->layout->main.xml developer can design the Application 4.