Difference between revisions of "Team Recompile IRC Logs 20103 - OOP344"

From CDOT Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Blank)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{OOP344 Index | 20103}}
+
-
 
 
 
 
'''Team Recompile IRC Logs:'''
 
 
 
<pre>
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep 14 17:55:15 2010
 
 
 
Sep 14 17:55:15 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:55:16 * verne.freenode.net sets mode +n #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:55:16 * verne.freenode.net sets mode +s #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:56:22 * ChanServ sets mode -s #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:56:22 * ChanServ sets mode +t #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:56:22 * ChanServ sets mode +c #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:57:02 * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 17:57:02 * services. gives channel operator status to ChanServ
 
Sep 14 17:57:02 -ChanServ- The GUARD flag has been set for channel #seneca-recompile.
 
Sep 14 17:57:42 * _Rainulf has changed the topic to: Homepage: http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344
 
Sep 14 18:26:19 * _Rainulf has changed the topic to: Development page: http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344
 
Sep 14 18:26:25 * _Rainulf has changed the topic to: Homepage: http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344
 
Sep 14 18:30:10 * fjigruehgre (45a589ea@gateway/web/freenode/ip.69.165.137.234) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 14 18:30:24 * fjigruehgre has quit (Client Quit)
 
Sep 14 18:50:49 * _Rainulf has changed the topic to: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Wed Sep 15 16:56:02 2010
 
 
 
Sep 15 16:56:02 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 15 16:56:02 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 15 16:56:02 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 15 18:45:54 * daleee[afk] (daleee@CPE00222d55edc0-CM00222d55edbd.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 15 18:45:58 <daleee[afk]> lol
 
Sep 15 18:46:04 * daleee[afk] (daleee@CPE00222d55edc0-CM00222d55edbd.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has left #seneca-recompile
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 01:18:46 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 15:49:54 2010
 
 
 
Sep 16 15:49:54 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 16 15:49:54 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 16 15:49:54 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 16 16:34:57 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 16:34:57 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 16:35:32 2010
 
 
 
Sep 16 16:35:32 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 16 16:35:32 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 16 16:35:32 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 16 16:35:32 * [freenode-info] help freenode weed out clonebots -- please register your IRC nick and auto-identify: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup
 
Sep 16 16:37:55 * _Rainulf has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
 
Sep 16 20:02:09 * You are now known as _Rainulf
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 20:03:35 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Sep 16 20:07:38 2010
 
 
 
Sep 16 20:07:38 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 16 20:07:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 16 20:07:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Sep 17 01:01:41 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Sep 17 07:44:01 2010
 
 
 
Sep 17 07:44:01 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 17 07:44:01 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 17 07:44:01 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 17 07:44:11 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Sep 17 07:49:18 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Sep 17 15:00:16 2010
 
 
 
Sep 17 15:00:16 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 17 15:00:16 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 17 15:00:16 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 17 15:00:16 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Sep 18 12:40:36 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Sep 18 12:42:38 2010
 
 
 
Sep 18 12:42:38 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 18 12:42:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 18 12:42:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 18 12:42:38 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Sep 18 17:46:38 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 18 17:46:43 <_Rainulf> hey
 
Sep 18 17:46:46 <_Rainulf> haha
 
Sep 18 17:47:07 <_Rainulf> just type at the bottom
 
Sep 18 17:47:11 <YDean1> hi
 
Sep 18 17:47:13 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 18 17:47:17 <_Rainulf> haha yup
 
Sep 18 17:47:19 <_Rainulf> so this is irc
 
Sep 18 17:47:26 <_Rainulf> this is where we'll discuss our stuff
 
Sep 18 17:47:34 <YDean1> cool
 
Sep 18 17:47:36 <_Rainulf> together with that other guy
 
Sep 18 17:47:44 <_Rainulf> timothy
 
Sep 18 17:47:56 <YDean1> what about all that /ping stuff fardad was talking about eariler
 
Sep 18 17:48:03 <_Rainulf> ahh
 
Sep 18 17:48:26 <_Rainulf> in irc, u do ping: YDean1 for example if u wanna know if the person's there
 
Sep 18 17:48:38 <_Rainulf> if the person's there, he should reply ping
 
Sep 18 17:48:39 <_Rainulf> pong*
 
Sep 18 17:48:51 <_Rainulf> it's like a tradition in irc, it doesnt really do anything
 
Sep 18 17:48:52 <_Rainulf> lol
 
Sep 18 17:48:56 <YDean1> lol
 
Sep 18 17:48:56 <_Rainulf> so if i say
 
Sep 18 17:49:01 <_Rainulf> ping: YDean1
 
Sep 18 17:49:04 <_Rainulf> u reply
 
Sep 18 17:49:05 <_Rainulf> pong
 
Sep 18 17:49:12 <YDean1> pong:_Rainulf
 
Sep 18 17:49:14 <_Rainulf> pong
 
Sep 18 17:49:21 <_Rainulf> lol
 
Sep 18 17:49:27 <_Rainulf> there are diff irc channels
 
Sep 18 17:49:27 <YDean1> cool
 
Sep 18 17:49:39 <_Rainulf> our channel is called #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 18 17:49:52 <_Rainulf> seneca's main channel is called #seneca
 
Sep 18 17:49:55 <_Rainulf> if u wanna join it
 
Sep 18 17:50:00 <_Rainulf> just type /join #seneca
 
Sep 18 17:50:46 <_Rainulf> or join #watever-channel
 
Sep 18 17:50:53 <_Rainulf> i mean, /join
 
Sep 18 17:51:42 <YDean1> hey i download a program called visual irc does this mean i don't need it
 
Sep 18 17:52:00 <_Rainulf> well, there are many irc clients out there
 
Sep 18 17:52:09 <_Rainulf> that one u're using is a web irc client
 
Sep 18 17:52:13 <_Rainulf> it just runs in a browser lol
 
Sep 18 17:52:30 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 18 17:52:38 <_Rainulf> but if u wanna try others
 
Sep 18 17:52:51 <_Rainulf> u can try firefox's chatzilla
 
Sep 18 17:53:09 <_Rainulf> it also works the same way, but u'll have to do all the reconfiguration which is a hassle
 
Sep 18 17:53:21 <_Rainulf> so just use web irc client for ease
 
Sep 18 17:53:30 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 18 17:53:58 <YDean1> hey has the other member come on irc haven't met him yet
 
Sep 18 17:54:17 <_Rainulf> nope, i dont think so, but ive chatted with him on msn
 
Sep 18 17:54:28 <_Rainulf> i sent everyone's email
 
Sep 18 17:54:33 <_Rainulf> so just add him if u want
 
Sep 18 17:54:38 <_Rainulf> he's usually online around 10-11pm
 
Sep 18 17:54:44 <_Rainulf> his name's timothy
 
Sep 18 17:55:06 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 18 17:55:31 <_Rainulf> if u want more info about irc, just go to http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP344_Student_Resources
 
Sep 18 17:55:40 <_Rainulf> and scroll down to the Basics of IRC
 
Sep 18 17:56:09 <YDean1> thanks for the tutorial and walkthough
 
Sep 18 17:56:14 <_Rainulf> np
 
Sep 18 17:56:18 <_Rainulf> oh yeh, svn
 
Sep 18 17:56:30 <_Rainulf> hmm, i think i'll show it to u at school
 
Sep 18 17:56:38 <_Rainulf> but if u can, u should also experiment with it
 
Sep 18 17:56:57 <YDean1> already have i download a couple of class notes
 
Sep 18 17:57:04 <_Rainulf> oh yeh? awesome!
 
Sep 18 17:57:33 <_Rainulf> this is google code hosting, http://code.google.com/p/rainulf/source/diff?spec=svn12&r=12&format=side&path=/trunk/core.php&old_path=/trunk/core.php&old=10
 
Sep 18 17:57:37 <_Rainulf> thats also svn
 
Sep 18 17:57:45 <_Rainulf> but in web
 
Sep 18 17:58:04 <_Rainulf> as u can see, u can click on r10 at the top right
 
Sep 18 17:58:12 <_Rainulf> and u should see the changes i make
 
Sep 18 17:59:49 <_Rainulf> fardad should give us our svn account (username/password), but he still never emailed us
 
Sep 18 18:00:04 <_Rainulf> but if u wanna try svn, u can register for google code hosting, http://code.google.com/hosting/createProject
 
Sep 18 18:00:37 <_Rainulf> and they should provide u login and stuff
 
Sep 18 18:01:40 <_Rainulf> just put some random names and u can delete that account after u're done with it
 
Sep 18 18:02:27 <_Rainulf> anyway, i'll always be here at the irc and msn, so if u need help of something, just ask =D
 
Sep 18 18:02:42 <_Rainulf> i'll afk
 
Sep 18 18:04:19 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 18 18:15:08 * YDean1 has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Sep 19 04:09:11 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Sep 19 08:30:53 2010
 
 
 
Sep 19 08:30:53 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 19 08:30:53 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 19 08:30:53 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 19 08:30:53 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Mon Sep 20 02:08:20 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Sep 20 07:03:14 2010
 
 
 
Sep 20 07:03:14 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 20 07:03:14 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 20 07:03:14 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 20 07:03:14 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Sep 20 14:59:06 2010
 
 
 
Sep 20 14:59:06 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 20 14:59:06 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 20 14:59:06 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 20 14:59:12 -NickServ- This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or identify via /msg NickServ identify <password>.
 
Sep 20 14:59:12 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 02:43:23 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 07:40:19 2010
 
 
 
Sep 21 07:40:19 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 07:40:19 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 21 07:40:19 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 21 07:40:19 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 07:49:27 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 07:53:17 2010
 
 
 
Sep 21 07:53:17 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 07:53:17 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 21 07:53:17 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 21 07:53:17 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Sep 21 11:40:17 * YDean1_ (8ecc100a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.142.204.16.10) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 11:42:13 <YDean1_> #seneca-oop344 channel
 
Sep 21 11:46:33 * tjcatibog (~chatzilla@net1.senecac.on.ca) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 11:48:31 * YDean1_ (8ecc100a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.142.204.16.10) has left #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 11:49:36 <tjcatibog> hey ray
 
Sep 21 11:57:26 * YDean1__ (8ecc100a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.142.204.16.10) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 12:13:43 <YDean1__> /join  #seneca-oop344
 
Sep 21 12:13:49 <YDean1__> /join #seneca-oop344
 
Sep 21 12:14:00 <YDean1__> /join seneca-oop344
 
Sep 21 12:14:41 <YDean1__> having problems joining the oop344 channel help
 
Sep 21 12:30:13 * YDean1__ is now known as YDean1
 
Sep 21 12:51:48 * YDean1 has quit (Quit: Page closed)
 
Sep 21 13:02:06 * tjcatibog has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
 
Sep 21 13:02:37 * tjcatibog (~chatzilla@net1.senecac.on.ca) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 13:31:25 * tjcatibog has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.10/20100914125854])
 
Sep 21 21:12:00 * Disconnected (Connection timed out).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 21:12:00 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep 21 21:12:50 2010
 
 
 
Sep 21 21:12:50 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 21 21:12:50 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 21 21:12:50 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Wed Sep 22 02:38:29 2010
 
 
 
Sep 22 02:38:29 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 22 02:38:29 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 22 02:38:29 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 22 02:38:29 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Wed Sep 22 09:59:42 2010
 
 
 
Sep 22 09:59:42 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 22 09:59:42 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 22 09:59:42 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 22 09:59:42 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Wed Sep 22 12:39:26 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Wed Sep 22 20:13:46 2010
 
 
 
Sep 22 20:13:46 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 22 20:13:46 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 22 20:13:46 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 22 20:13:46 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Sep 23 08:04:49 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Sep 23 15:35:25 2010
 
 
 
Sep 23 15:35:25 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 23 15:35:25 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 23 15:35:25 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:50 2010
 
Sep 23 15:35:25 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Sep 24 03:34:17 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Sep 24 03:34:17 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Sep 24 03:34:45 2010
 
 
 
Sep 24 03:34:45 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 24 03:34:45 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 24 03:34:45 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Sep 24 08:04:11 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Sep 24 15:22:11 2010
 
 
 
Sep 24 15:22:11 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 24 15:22:11 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 24 15:22:11 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 24 15:22:11 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Sep 25 09:30:18 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Sep 25 09:44:35 2010
 
 
 
Sep 25 09:44:35 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 25 09:44:35 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 25 09:44:35 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 25 09:44:35 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Sep 25 23:22:03 * Disconnected (Network is unreachable).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Sep 25 23:22:03 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Sep 25 23:22:34 2010
 
 
 
Sep 25 23:22:34 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 25 23:22:34 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 25 23:22:34 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:50 2010
 
Sep 26 12:31:47 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 26 12:31:51 <_Rainulf> supsup
 
Sep 26 12:31:54 <YDean1> yo
 
Sep 26 12:32:21 <_Rainulf> so it prints 270^n with F1 and alt huh
 
Sep 26 12:32:34 <YDean1> capital N
 
Sep 26 12:32:36 <YDean1> but ya
 
Sep 26 12:32:47 <_Rainulf> but how about other keys?
 
Sep 26 12:32:50 <_Rainulf> F2
 
Sep 26 12:32:52 <_Rainulf> etc
 
Sep 26 12:33:10 <YDean1> F2 = 271 ^O
 
Sep 26 12:33:22 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Sep 26 12:33:28 <YDean1> pretty much in sequence
 
Sep 26 12:33:34 <_Rainulf> but it's ^0 now
 
Sep 26 12:33:54 <_Rainulf> i thought it'll be ^N for the rest
 
Sep 26 12:33:54 <YDean1> the f3 is 272 ^P
 
Sep 26 12:33:58 <_Rainulf> haha ic
 
Sep 26 12:34:09 <_Rainulf> im assuming it's counting by alphabet
 
Sep 26 12:34:16 <_Rainulf> N, O, P, Q, etc, etc
 
Sep 26 12:34:27 <YDean1> ya just like that and the numbers increase by one
 
Sep 26 12:34:55 <_Rainulf> can i see ur source code?, paste it here http://pastebin.com/
 
Sep 26 12:35:03 <_Rainulf> u have three C files right?
 
Sep 26 12:35:34 <YDean1> ya i have them im just doing my own little testing first thoug
 
Sep 26 12:35:52 <_Rainulf> okay
 
Sep 26 12:36:17 <YDean1> after i paste it there what do i do
 
Sep 26 12:36:30 <_Rainulf> submit it and give me the link to it
 
Sep 26 12:36:56 <YDean1> http://pastebin.com/2pf9JamN
 
Sep 26 12:38:38 <YDean1> sorry wait a second something's wrong
 
Sep 26 12:38:49 <_Rainulf> ok
 
Sep 26 12:42:01 <YDean1> sorry the comments are wrong in the code it should be sequential
 
Sep 26 12:42:27 <YDean1> http://pastebin.com/BQDpe6zr
 
Sep 26 12:45:17 <_Rainulf> so those are the results for each keys?
 
Sep 26 12:45:27 <YDean1> ya
 
Sep 26 12:45:28 <_Rainulf> 32 for space, 10 for enter, etc
 
Sep 26 12:45:31 <_Rainulf> ic
 
Sep 26 12:45:36 <YDean1> yep
 
Sep 26 12:46:57 <_Rainulf> wat happens if u add value to it?
 
Sep 26 12:48:47 <YDean1> that what i tried first its at the while its  the combinations  of N ^ space and 270
 
Sep 26 12:49:21 <YDean1> nvm i think i got it i just typed 270 in and it worked
 
Sep 26 12:49:41 <_Rainulf> ??
 
Sep 26 12:50:09 <_Rainulf> so it doesnt matter whether there's ^N in it? lol
 
Sep 26 12:50:21 <YDean1> lol
 
Sep 26 12:51:01 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Sep 26 12:51:57 <_Rainulf> ok
 
Sep 26 12:52:00 <_Rainulf> just to make sure
 
Sep 26 12:52:04 <_Rainulf> try to put an if statement
 
Sep 26 12:52:36 <_Rainulf> if value is 270.. give a message that F1 is pressed
 
Sep 26 12:52:49 <YDean1> ok
 
Sep 26 12:53:33 <YDean1> ya it worked
 
Sep 26 12:54:20 <_Rainulf> awesomee
 
Sep 26 12:54:22 <YDean1> also i can't get it to compile in xcode i have to run it through the terminal? do you know anything about it?
 
Sep 26 12:54:37 <_Rainulf> how are u compiling it?
 
Sep 26 12:54:54 <YDean1> gcc main -lcurses
 
Sep 26 12:55:01 <YDean1> in the mac terminal
 
Sep 26 12:55:21 <YDean1> no GUI the old school way i want to do it the new school way lol
 
Sep 26 12:55:37 <_Rainulf> im not very familiar xcode
 
Sep 26 12:55:47 <_Rainulf> so xcode is what u used to compile c programs?
 
Sep 26 12:55:55 <YDean1> ya
 
Sep 26 12:56:00 <_Rainulf> it's like a GUI program basically? like visual basic
 
Sep 26 12:56:02 <_Rainulf> oh ic
 
Sep 26 12:56:26 <_Rainulf> lol, just use terminal.. and a C++ editor.. to compile it.. XD
 
Sep 26 12:56:43 <YDean1> ya i use xcode for the editor lol
 
Sep 26 12:57:44 <_Rainulf> what error do u get wen u compile with xcode?
 
Sep 26 12:58:57 <YDean1> Error from Debugger program not running but it doesn't give an error when i open the debug window it successfully complies and everything
 
Sep 26 12:59:11 <YDean1> it just doesn't run
 
Sep 26 13:00:43 <_Rainulf> lol ic
 
Sep 26 13:00:48 <_Rainulf> i'll take a look at it
 
Sep 26 13:00:56 <_Rainulf> i installed mac on my virtual
 
Sep 26 13:01:07 <_Rainulf> i mean, XOS.. XD
 
Sep 26 13:01:22 <YDean1> lol cool
 
Sep 26 13:01:59 <_Rainulf> but anyway
 
Sep 26 13:02:02 <_Rainulf> back to that program
 
Sep 26 13:02:22 <_Rainulf> wen u add say.. 1000 to 270^N
 
Sep 26 13:02:25 <_Rainulf> wat happens?
 
Sep 26 13:02:36 <_Rainulf> wat does it return?
 
Sep 26 13:04:08 <YDean1> add 1000 to 270?
 
Sep 26 13:04:16 <_Rainulf> yeh
 
Sep 26 13:06:14 <YDean1> it doesn't recognize it as the f1 key
 
Sep 26 13:07:02 <_Rainulf> send me the source
 
Sep 26 13:08:19 <YDean1> http://pastebin.com/zRym6crk
 
Sep 26 13:08:42 <YDean1> f2 quits the program
 
Sep 26 13:09:34 <_Rainulf> try this, http://pastebin.com/d7BYc4fu
 
Sep 26 13:12:31 <YDean1> doesn't do anything
 
Sep 26 13:13:26 <_Rainulf> change value += 1000;
 
Sep 26 13:13:32 <_Rainulf> to value = value + 1;
 
Sep 26 13:13:38 <_Rainulf> i mean 1000
 
Sep 26 13:13:47 <_Rainulf> value = value + 1000;
 
Sep 26 13:14:43 <YDean1> ya it works
 
Sep 26 13:14:55 <_Rainulf> lol thats weird..
 
Sep 26 13:14:59 <YDean1> but i get a question mark at the end
 
Sep 26 13:15:10 <_Rainulf> question mark?
 
Sep 26 13:15:51 <YDean1> ya
 
Sep 26 13:16:18 <YDean1> oh nvm its from  the %c
 
Sep 26 13:16:30 <_Rainulf> lol alrite
 
Sep 26 13:16:48 <_Rainulf> anyways man, try to get all the value for all keys
 
Sep 26 13:16:56 <_Rainulf> and commit it to ur branch
 
Sep 26 13:17:30 <YDean1> cool i have no insert or home keys on my macbook ill get them on monday
 
Sep 26 13:17:32 <YDean1> also
 
Sep 26 13:17:45 <_Rainulf> ok
 
Sep 26 13:18:00 <YDean1> not sure if your interested but http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/ has alot of ncurses stuff
 
Sep 26 13:18:23 <_Rainulf> awesome cool! i'll take a look at it// =D
 
Sep 26 13:18:59 <YDean1> take it ez
 
Sep 26 13:19:19 <_Rainulf> alritey
 
Sep 26 13:19:23 <_Rainulf> u too
 
Sep 26 13:19:47 * YDean1 has quit ()
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Mon Sep 27 01:44:07 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Sep 27 14:32:21 2010
 
 
 
Sep 27 14:32:21 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 27 14:32:21 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 27 14:32:21 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 27 14:32:21 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Sep 27 23:46:21 2010
 
 
 
Sep 27 23:46:21 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 27 23:46:21 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 27 23:46:21 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 27 23:46:21 * [freenode-info] channel flooding and no channel staff around to help? Please check with freenode support: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#gettinghelp
 
Sep 27 23:46:21 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Sep 28 01:20:23 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep 28 17:13:33 2010
 
 
 
Sep 28 17:13:33 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 28 17:13:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 28 17:13:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 28 17:13:33 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Sep 29 19:50:36 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 29 21:16:57 * YDean1 has quit ()
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Sep 30 07:58:57 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Sep 30 14:52:33 2010
 
 
 
Sep 30 14:52:33 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Sep 30 14:52:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Sep 30 14:52:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Sep 30 14:52:33 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Oct  1 02:08:06 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Oct  1 07:08:11 2010
 
 
 
Oct 01 07:08:11 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 01 07:08:11 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 01 07:08:11 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 01 07:08:11 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Oct  1 15:46:39 2010
 
 
 
Oct 01 15:46:39 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 01 15:46:39 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 01 15:46:39 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 01 15:46:39 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 01 16:10:20 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Oct  1 16:10:20 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Oct  1 16:15:17 2010
 
 
 
Oct 01 16:15:17 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 01 16:15:17 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 01 16:15:17 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 01 16:15:17 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Oct  2 18:19:45 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Oct  2 18:19:45 2010
 
 
 
Oct 02 22:25:23 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Oct  2 22:25:23 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Oct  2 23:00:27 2010
 
 
 
Oct 02 23:00:27 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 02 23:00:27 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 02 23:00:27 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 02 23:00:27 * [freenode-info] please register your nickname...don't forget to auto-identify! http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup
 
Oct 02 23:00:27 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Oct  3 10:33:49 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Oct  3 10:34:36 2010
 
 
 
Oct 03 10:34:36 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 03 10:34:36 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 03 10:34:36 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 03 10:34:36 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Oct  3 21:27:37 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Oct  3 22:10:59 2010
 
 
 
Oct 03 22:10:59 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 03 22:10:59 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 03 22:10:59 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 03 22:10:59 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Oct  4 14:50:00 2010
 
 
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 Tcl interface unloaded
 
Oct 04 14:50:00 Python interface unloaded
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Mon Oct  4 14:50:00 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Oct  4 14:51:44 2010
 
 
 
Oct 04 14:51:44 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 04 14:51:44 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 04 14:51:44 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 04 14:51:44 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Mon Oct  4 15:39:42 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Mon Oct  4 17:33:55 2010
 
 
 
Oct 04 17:33:55 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 04 17:33:55 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 04 17:33:55 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 04 17:33:55 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Oct  5 16:53:57 2010
 
 
 
Oct 05 16:53:58 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 05 16:53:58 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 05 16:53:58 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 05 16:53:58 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Oct  7 17:05:14 2010
 
 
 
Oct 07 17:05:14 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 07 17:05:14 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 07 17:05:14 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 07 17:05:14 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 07 23:48:03 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Oct  7 23:48:03 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Oct  8 12:50:38 2010
 
 
 
Oct 08 12:50:38 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 08 12:50:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 08 12:50:38 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 08 12:50:38 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 08 22:39:11 * tjcatibog (~chatzilla@CPE001d0937c9c9-CM0014f85e427c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 09 00:13:45 * tjcatibog has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.10/20100914125854])
 
Oct 10 15:40:46 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Oct 10 15:40:46 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Oct 10 15:41:33 2010
 
 
 
Oct 10 15:41:33 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 10 15:41:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 10 15:41:33 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 10 15:44:17 * Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Oct 10 15:44:17 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Oct 10 17:44:53 2010
 
 
 
Oct 10 17:44:53 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 10 17:44:53 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 10 17:44:53 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 10 18:53:18 <YDean1> hey
 
Oct 10 18:54:11 <_Rainulf> hey man, how u doing?
 
Oct 10 18:54:17 <YDean1> not bad
 
Oct 10 18:54:29 <YDean1> u
 
Oct 10 18:54:43 <_Rainulf> nm.. just taking a break from dbs and int.. lol.. im watching anime right now
 
Oct 10 18:55:10 <YDean1> cool
 
Oct 10 18:55:41 <_Rainulf> oh yeh, i updated my copy
 
Oct 10 18:56:15 <YDean1> i just finished doing some more work on it
 
Oct 10 18:56:19 <_Rainulf> oh yeh
 
Oct 10 18:56:36 <YDean1> that's all im gonna do for tonight my head is pounding lol
 
Oct 10 18:56:44 <_Rainulf> haha
 
Oct 10 18:57:29 <_Rainulf> have u worked on iol_edit yet?
 
Oct 10 18:57:43 <_Rainulf> oh seems like it
 
Oct 10 18:57:51 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 10 18:58:17 <_Rainulf> did fardad mentioned anything about it during class?
 
Oct 10 18:58:17 <YDean1> backspace leaves a trail of Zss at the end though
 
Oct 10 18:58:34 <YDean1> no he talked about iol_flag
 
Oct 10 18:58:39 <YDean1> and iol_displayFlag
 
Oct 10 18:58:44 <YDean1> and menu item
 
Oct 10 18:58:50 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 10 18:59:16 <_Rainulf> how are they?
 
Oct 10 18:59:31 <_Rainulf> i dled the notes from last week, but i havent look at em yet
 
Oct 10 19:00:29 <_Rainulf> lol wow, i missed alot in just a day.. >.<
 
Oct 10 19:00:39 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 10 19:01:03 <YDean1> he also talked about bitwise operators
 
Oct 10 19:01:08 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 10 19:01:21 <_Rainulf> yeh, how far have u guys gone on it?
 
Oct 10 19:01:59 <YDean1> not far he mentioned it at the end of class spoke 20 mins or so on them
 
Oct 10 19:02:03 <_Rainulf> ahh
 
Oct 10 19:02:12 <_Rainulf> i read a bit about it actually
 
Oct 10 19:02:18 <_Rainulf> it looks pretty easy, just confusing
 
Oct 10 19:02:27 <_Rainulf> 34 & 66
 
Oct 10 19:02:32 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 10 19:02:34 <_Rainulf> basically.. convert to binary
 
Oct 10 19:02:39 <_Rainulf> and solve it from there
 
Oct 10 19:02:45 <_Rainulf> and convert it back to base 10 lol
 
Oct 10 19:02:51 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 10 19:03:01 <_Rainulf> but im not sure what other use of it
 
Oct 10 19:03:50 <YDean1> he mentioned it was useful for hacking but he just talked about theory
 
Oct 10 19:04:06 <YDean1> im guessing he'll speak about more on tuesday
 
Oct 10 19:04:28 <_Rainulf> yeh, make sense.. because it's more useful in messing with the memory
 
Oct 10 19:04:38 <_Rainulf> in a bit-level
 
Oct 10 19:04:41 <_Rainulf> kind of
 
Oct 10 19:05:13 <_Rainulf> how about the complex funcs?
 
Oct 10 19:05:35 <YDean1> due dates? or difficulty?
 
Oct 10 19:05:46 <_Rainulf> he mentioned that once we finish iol_edit, the rest should be easy
 
Oct 10 19:06:00 <_Rainulf> u mentioned that he might extend the due date, but we might as well finish it as soon as we can
 
Oct 10 19:06:58 <_Rainulf> but yeh, in terms of difficulty.. wat do u think?
 
Oct 10 19:06:58 <YDean1> ya the code seems repetitious the hard part is finding what does what shouldn't be that hard though
 
Oct 10 19:07:17 <_Rainulf> lol ic
 
Oct 10 19:07:28 <_Rainulf> he posted some code about it
 
Oct 10 19:07:37 <YDean1> did he?
 
Oct 10 19:08:09 <YDean1> on svn?
 
Oct 10 19:08:11 <_Rainulf> i guess, he posted complsfuncs directory under oct 8
 
Oct 10 19:08:36 <_Rainulf> but i still havent check it out
 
Oct 10 19:08:59 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 10 19:09:41 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 10 19:12:19 <_Rainulf> ugh.. i might be late on tues class
 
Oct 10 19:12:21 <_Rainulf> oh yeh
 
Oct 10 19:12:27 <_Rainulf> did fardad mentioned anything about the quiz?
 
Oct 10 19:12:59 <YDean1> no only what he mentioned last tuesday
 
Oct 10 19:13:11 <YDean1> he did say function pointers would be on it though
 
Oct 10 19:13:24 <_Rainulf> ah ic
 
Oct 10 19:15:47 <YDean1> in class do u remember why fardad set str[20] = 0;
 
Oct 10 19:16:17 <_Rainulf> yeh?
 
Oct 10 19:16:38 <_Rainulf> to make it a string right?
 
Oct 10 19:17:00 <YDean1> ?
 
Oct 10 19:17:40 <YDean1> the line before had str[81]='abcd..'
 
Oct 10 19:18:10 <YDean1> I'll ask him about on tuesday
 
Oct 10 19:18:14 <_Rainulf> wait
 
Oct 10 19:18:15 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 10 19:18:28 <_Rainulf>   char str[81] = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"; ?
 
Oct 10 19:18:37 <_Rainulf> ohhhhh
 
Oct 10 19:18:37 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 10 19:18:47 <_Rainulf> and u want to know why str[20] = 0?
 
Oct 10 19:19:11 <YDean1> ya i was think it was for demostration purpose or something
 
Oct 10 19:19:59 <_Rainulf> 0 means null, and wen u add a null to a char array, it becomes a string.. str[20] technically is the end of the string.. and the rest shouldnt be visible
 
Oct 10 19:20:17 <_Rainulf> so the rest shouldnt be visible*
 
Oct 10 19:20:24 <_Rainulf> i cant explain it clearly, but it's something like that
 
Oct 10 19:20:49 <_Rainulf> fardad's not on right now, but he's usually at the #seneca-oop344.. u can ask him there
 
Oct 10 19:22:35 <_Rainulf> YDean1, basically.. if u wanna see the next character, u move the null (or 0) one advance
 
Oct 10 19:22:59 <_Rainulf> lets say char str[81] = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";
 
Oct 10 19:23:14 <_Rainulf> str[20] = 0 cause it to view only 20 characters
 
Oct 10 19:23:58 <_Rainulf> so it shold only view abcdefghijklmnopqrst
 
Oct 10 19:24:14 <_Rainulf> if u wanna view the next character, u move the 0 one advance
 
Oct 10 19:24:19 <YDean1> how would i move it str[21] = str[20]
 
Oct 10 19:24:27 <_Rainulf> so str++
 
Oct 10 19:24:51 <_Rainulf> and it should add view abcdefghijklmnopqrstu now
 
Oct 10 19:24:59 <_Rainulf> with 'u'
 
Oct 10 19:25:31 <_Rainulf> i think it's possible with str++
 
Oct 10 19:25:39 <_Rainulf> if u want, u can also do str[21]
 
Oct 10 19:25:53 <_Rainulf> and str-- if u wanna move back
 
Oct 10 19:26:24 <_Rainulf> because remember, str is a pointer
 
Oct 10 19:26:43 <_Rainulf> *(str+20) and str[20] are the same
 
Oct 10 19:28:03 <_Rainulf> lol i cant really explain it well, but it shold be something like that.. XD
 
Oct 10 19:28:18 <YDean1> that was good
 
Oct 10 19:29:25 <YDean1> it helped alot
 
Oct 10 19:31:07 <_Rainulf> oh yeh
 
Oct 10 19:31:12 <_Rainulf> i forgot to mention
 
Oct 10 19:32:13 <_Rainulf> wen u're moving 0, u're not really moving it but copying.. so if u do str[20] = 0, and str[21] = 0, technically, theres two null values now.. lol so it will cause errors
 
Oct 10 19:34:49 <_Rainulf> str++
 
Oct 10 19:34:58 <_Rainulf> str = 0;
 
Oct 10 19:36:51 <_Rainulf> lol ignore that
 
Oct 10 19:37:20 <YDean1> lol ok
 
Oct 10 20:11:41 <YDean1> yo man im out talk to u tomorrow
 
Oct 10 20:11:55 <_Rainulf> alrite, we have no class tmr lol
 
Oct 10 20:12:04 <_Rainulf> and school lol
 
Oct 10 20:12:12 <_Rainulf> see ya
 
Oct 10 20:12:44 * YDean1 has quit (Quit: Page closed)
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Oct 12 01:49:41 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Oct 12 17:45:02 2010
 
 
 
Oct 12 17:45:02 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 12 17:45:02 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 12 17:45:02 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 12 17:45:02 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Thu Oct 14 01:57:24 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Thu Oct 14 17:40:36 2010
 
 
 
Oct 14 17:40:36 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 14 17:40:36 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: familiarize the SVN, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 14 17:40:36 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Tue Sep 14 18:50:49 2010
 
Oct 14 17:40:36 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 14 19:17:09 * tjcatibog (~chatzilla@CPE001d0937c9c9-CM0014f85e427c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 14 19:17:29 <tjcatibog> hey ray
 
Oct 14 19:17:34 <tjcatibog> are you working on the project right now?
 
Oct 14 19:17:59 <_Rainulf> hey man, no
 
Oct 14 19:18:02 <_Rainulf> wats up?
 
Oct 14 19:18:20 <_Rainulf> i'll finish iol_edit tonight tho
 
Oct 14 19:18:24 <tjcatibog> just curious because I'm going to do some work on it
 
Oct 14 19:18:32 <_Rainulf> wen's it due?
 
Oct 14 19:18:36 <tjcatibog> sunday
 
Oct 14 19:18:41 <tjcatibog> at midnight I think
 
Oct 14 19:18:56 <_Rainulf> oh ok
 
Oct 14 19:19:26 <_Rainulf> are u familiar with displayflag
 
Oct 14 19:19:29 <_Rainulf> iol_flag
 
Oct 14 19:19:30 <tjcatibog> which of the complex functions do we have to do?
 
Oct 14 19:19:35 <_Rainulf> displaymenuitem
 
Oct 14 19:19:42 <_Rainulf> and menuitem?
 
Oct 14 19:19:47 <_Rainulf> all complex funcs
 
Oct 14 19:19:52 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 19:20:00 <_Rainulf> ive started iol_edit already
 
Oct 14 19:20:04 <_Rainulf> so u can start on the others
 
Oct 14 19:21:29 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 19:22:00 <_Rainulf> get my branch for the latest source
 
Oct 14 19:22:13 <tjcatibog> have you talked to jeshu about which functions he's writing?
 
Oct 14 19:23:03 <_Rainulf> he's doing a bit of iol_edit and a bit of everything.. since i told him to play around with it for now lol
 
Oct 14 19:23:13 <_Rainulf> u should check his branch too
 
Oct 14 19:23:51 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 19:23:58 <_Rainulf> but yeh, im not really familiar with displaymenuitem, displayflag, menuitem
 
Oct 14 19:24:07 <_Rainulf> i only skimmed through the description
 
Oct 14 19:24:14 <tjcatibog> let's try to get together here tomorrow and/or saturday to finish this up
 
Oct 14 19:24:24 <_Rainulf> but fardad said once we finish iol_edit, the rest should be a breeze
 
Oct 14 19:24:27 <_Rainulf> yeh, sure
 
Oct 14 19:24:34 <_Rainulf> i'll tell jenshu
 
Oct 14 19:26:39 <_Rainulf> lol oh yeh, dont forget the comments
 
Oct 14 19:26:52 <_Rainulf> wen u're commiting lol
 
Oct 14 19:27:17 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 22:22:36 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 14 22:57:41 <_Rainulf> lol wats up!
 
Oct 14 22:57:51 <_Rainulf> oh yeh, i started iol_edit a bit
 
Oct 14 22:59:25 <YDean1> cool
 
Oct 14 22:59:34 <YDean1> i started iol_displayflag
 
Oct 14 23:00:13 <_Rainulf> lol do u know how displaymenuitem, displayflag, menuitem works?
 
Oct 14 23:00:59 <YDean1> displayflay if status is 1 [X] shows
 
Oct 14 23:01:10 <YDean1> else [ ] shows
 
Oct 14 23:01:58 <YDean1> everything else i didn't read yet lol
 
Oct 14 23:03:18 <_Rainulf> fardad never told how it works?
 
Oct 14 23:04:14 <YDean1> he did but i forgot
 
Oct 14 23:04:56 <_Rainulf> lol alrite, lets ask him tmr then
 
Oct 14 23:05:22 <_Rainulf> i seriously have no idea how these funcs work.. but fardad said these are easy funcs.. we just need to finish iol_edit and the rest should be breeze
 
Oct 14 23:05:34 <_Rainulf> i mean, those functions are only for displaying menu, etc
 
Oct 14 23:16:57 <tjcatibog> hey guys
 
Oct 14 23:17:16 <tjcatibog> I finished iol_displayMenuItem and iol_menuItem
 
Oct 14 23:17:23 <_Rainulf> woa
 
Oct 14 23:17:27 <tjcatibog> not quite sure how to test them though lol
 
Oct 14 23:17:28 <_Rainulf> how does it even work? o.o
 
Oct 14 23:17:41 <_Rainulf> is it on ur branch right now?
 
Oct 14 23:17:42 <tjcatibog> the instructions are really precise
 
Oct 14 23:17:46 <tjcatibog> so I took the instructions literally
 
Oct 14 23:17:52 <_Rainulf> oh really.. lol ok, i should read it i guess..
 
Oct 14 23:17:52 <tjcatibog> yeah let me commit it...
 
Oct 14 23:18:01 <tjcatibog> one sec
 
Oct 14 23:18:04 <_Rainulf> oki doki
 
Oct 14 23:18:08 <_Rainulf> oh yeh
 
Oct 14 23:18:19 <_Rainulf> commit it along with ur test main
 
Oct 14 23:18:22 <_Rainulf> i wanna see how it works
 
Oct 14 23:18:52 <tjcatibog> ok I committed it. haven't written a test main yet
 
Oct 14 23:19:11 <_Rainulf> ok
 
Oct 14 23:20:20 <tjcatibog> ... the code is uncommented also
 
Oct 14 23:20:24 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 14 23:20:30 <tjcatibog> let me write comments and recommit
 
Oct 14 23:21:02 <_Rainulf> lol u should man.. XD i think u can edit comments from ur previous commit
 
Oct 14 23:26:22 <YDean1> iol_displayflag is done
 
Oct 14 23:27:02 * _Rainulf bows
 
Oct 14 23:27:16 <YDean1> did you guys already do it?
 
Oct 14 23:27:35 <_Rainulf> nah, we've only done iol_edit
 
Oct 14 23:27:47 <_Rainulf> i'll finish it by tmr prolly
 
Oct 14 23:27:56 <tjcatibog> I commented on the commit, but not on the code itself ... is what I was trying to explain earlier
 
Oct 14 23:28:02 <tjcatibog> iol_edit ... is tough
 
Oct 14 23:28:10 <tjcatibog> there's a lot of stuff to it
 
Oct 14 23:28:25 <_Rainulf> which makes it fun.. =D dont worry, i understand 90% of it.. just a few i need to ask fardad
 
Oct 14 23:29:29 <_Rainulf> so how's life? lol
 
Oct 14 23:29:47 <YDean1> life is there taking it one day at a time
 
Oct 14 23:30:08 <tjcatibog> _Rainulf: which keys are you having trouble with?
 
Oct 14 23:30:21 <_Rainulf> YDean1, my head exploded trying to find meaning behind it =P
 
Oct 14 23:30:28 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog, hold on
 
Oct 14 23:30:55 <_Rainulf> END_KEY so far
 
Oct 14 23:31:03 <_Rainulf> there's a bug in it
 
Oct 14 23:31:21 <_Rainulf> compile my branch
 
Oct 14 23:31:25 <_Rainulf> 0.1
 
Oct 14 23:32:09 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 23:32:43 <_Rainulf> YDean1: sry, i misread wen u asked "did you guys already do it?".. i thought t was tjcatibog .. yeh, tjcatibog finished a few funcs
 
Oct 14 23:33:00 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 14 23:33:13 <tjcatibog> a.k.a the easy ones lol
 
Oct 14 23:33:18 <_Rainulf> i'll finish iol_edit tmr if everything goes smoothly
 
Oct 14 23:33:28 <_Rainulf> but work on iol_edit too, just in case
 
Oct 14 23:33:47 <_Rainulf> and check tjcatibog's work if there's any bug or w.e.. fardad posted the tester btw
 
Oct 14 23:34:30 <_Rainulf> we need to add IOL_TAB_SIZE
 
Oct 14 23:34:48 <_Rainulf> i'll do it, since it's for iol_edit
 
Oct 14 23:34:56 <tjcatibog> I put that in the header
 
Oct 14 23:34:59 <_Rainulf> oh cool
 
Oct 14 23:35:08 <tjcatibog> yeah ... I think I set it to 4
 
Oct 14 23:35:27 <_Rainulf> it says 2 in the wiki
 
Oct 14 23:36:04 <tjcatibog> ohsnap
 
Oct 14 23:36:08 <tjcatibog> lol ok it's an easy fix anyway
 
Oct 14 23:36:16 <_Rainulf> yeh
 
Oct 14 23:36:24 <_Rainulf> wait
 
Oct 14 23:36:47 <_Rainulf> actually, no.. i misread it.. by 2, i meant two spaces for our source
 
Oct 14 23:37:03 <_Rainulf> i saw tab character on our source
 
Oct 14 23:37:05 <_Rainulf> we cant use it
 
Oct 14 23:38:11 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 23:38:17 <_Rainulf> u know wen u're coding, and u press tab for a block of code? it shouldnt put a tab character (\t) in the source, it should be two spaces
 
Oct 14 23:38:30 <tjcatibog> yeah
 
Oct 14 23:38:34 <tjcatibog> I set mine up to be spaces
 
Oct 14 23:38:40 <tjcatibog> on vs
 
Oct 14 23:38:45 <_Rainulf> cool
 
Oct 14 23:39:01 <_Rainulf> i think YDean1's setup to tab, make sure u set it up to spaces
 
Oct 14 23:39:12 <_Rainulf> tab character*
 
Oct 14 23:39:33 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 14 23:39:44 <_Rainulf> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/How_to_set_up_tab_spaces
 
Oct 14 23:40:21 <YDean1> in my editor? or terminal?
 
Oct 14 23:40:38 <tjcatibog> _Rainulf: I'm going to rewrite your END_KEY
 
Oct 14 23:40:43 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog: ok
 
Oct 14 23:40:51 <_Rainulf> YDean1: in whatever editor u're using
 
Oct 14 23:41:13 <_Rainulf> i use gedit, i should get used to visual studio as well
 
Oct 14 23:49:35 <YDean1> who has the most updated version? tjcatibog?
 
Oct 14 23:49:52 <tjcatibog> probably. but I'm still working on it
 
Oct 14 23:50:00 <tjcatibog> so it's going to be constantly updated
 
Oct 14 23:50:07 <tjcatibog> fixing the END_KEY
 
Oct 14 23:50:12 <tjcatibog> well, finished it for the most part
 
Oct 14 23:53:16 <tjcatibog> btw, who wrote BACKSPACE_KEY?
 
Oct 14 23:53:29 <YDean1> i have a backspace
 
Oct 14 23:53:30 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog, i did
 
Oct 14 23:53:39 <YDean1> complete for the most part
 
Oct 14 23:53:40 <_Rainulf> YDean1 has diff version
 
Oct 14 23:54:05 <tjcatibog> why did you put int x = *offset + *curpos ?
 
Oct 14 23:54:16 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog: my backspace is different, check my branch
 
Oct 14 23:54:40 <tjcatibog> 0.2?
 
Oct 14 23:54:43 <_Rainulf> 0.1
 
Oct 14 23:55:13 <_Rainulf> see if it works properly
 
Oct 14 23:55:27 <tjcatibog> ours are the same
 
Oct 14 23:55:42 <tjcatibog> and it's crashing
 
Oct 14 23:55:46 <_Rainulf> hmm really?
 
Oct 14 23:55:54 <_Rainulf> it's not crashing on mine.. what's the error?
 
Oct 14 23:56:04 <YDean1> try mine let me commit it first
 
Oct 14 23:57:14 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 14 23:57:29 <YDean1> should be up
 
Oct 14 23:57:35 <_Rainulf> YDean1: urs is a little buggy lol backspace is pretty simple because the answer is already there.. fardad's a tease. just copy END_KEY and RIGHT_KEY's source
 
Oct 14 23:57:52 <_Rainulf> and put it together, and that makes it BACK_SPACE
 
Oct 14 23:57:53 <_Rainulf> lol
 
Oct 14 23:58:00 <_Rainulf> BACKSPACE_KEY*
 
Oct 14 23:58:19 <_Rainulf> DELETE_KEY i meant not END_KEY
 
Oct 14 23:58:34 <YDean1> what?
 
Oct 14 23:58:53 <_Rainulf> see.. DELETE_KEY deletes one character and shifts it to left
 
Oct 14 23:59:07 <YDean1> oh
 
Oct 14 23:59:27 <_Rainulf> if u add RIGHT_KEY's source, cursor will move one character
 
Oct 14 23:59:58 <_Rainulf> gahhh sry i meant LEFT_KEY
 
Oct 15 00:00:02 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 15 00:00:03 <_Rainulf> ugh.. i need some coffee
 
Oct 15 00:00:18 <tjcatibog> it's midnight, you don't need coffee
 
Oct 15 00:00:26 <tjcatibog> unless you're a strong believer that sleep is for the weak
 
Oct 15 00:00:33 <_Rainulf> DELETE_KEY+LEFT_KEY = BACKSPACE_KEY
 
Oct 15 00:00:40 <YDean1> cool
 
Oct 15 00:00:42 <_Rainulf> coffee doesnt really do anything lol
 
Oct 15 00:00:45 <_Rainulf> to me atleast
 
Oct 15 00:03:56 <tjcatibog> you're a big coffee drinker?
 
Oct 15 00:04:50 <_Rainulf> yeh, lately.. i usually drink coffee before i go to sleep lol
 
Oct 15 00:05:02 <tjcatibog> wtf!
 
Oct 15 00:05:04 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 15 00:05:08 <tjcatibog> thats messed up
 
Oct 15 00:05:11 <_Rainulf> LOL it doesnt do anything.. lol
 
Oct 15 00:05:15 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 15 00:05:49 <_Rainulf> i think coffee is a more psychological thing to most ppl
 
Oct 15 00:06:00 <_Rainulf> or my body's just messed up lol
 
Oct 15 00:06:01 <tjcatibog> if I were to drink coffee right now ... I wouldn't be able to fall asleep
 
Oct 15 00:06:08 <tjcatibog> not until probably 5am anyway
 
Oct 15 00:06:27 <_Rainulf> yeh, i know a lot of ppl thats like that
 
Oct 15 00:06:29 <tjcatibog> my bet is your body is messed up
 
Oct 15 00:06:36 <tjcatibog> haha
 
Oct 15 00:06:39 <_Rainulf> lolol XD
 
Oct 15 00:06:40 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 15 00:06:55 <_Rainulf> useless if it doesnt work wen i need it
 
Oct 15 00:06:56 <_Rainulf> lol
 
Oct 15 00:10:26 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to _Rainulf
 
Oct 15 00:10:28 * _Rainulf has changed the topic to: Notes: complex funcs due Oct 17, Sunday, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 15 00:10:42 <_Rainulf> i sholdve done that already.. lol
 
Oct 15 00:11:07 * ChanServ removes channel operator status from _Rainulf
 
Oct 15 00:12:23 <tjcatibog> I'm rewriting backspace_key
 
Oct 15 00:12:35 <tjcatibog> it's working weirdly
 
Oct 15 00:12:38 <_Rainulf> ok
 
Oct 15 00:12:46 <_Rainulf> what do u mean?
 
Oct 15 00:13:03 <_Rainulf> ahh i saw it now
 
Oct 15 00:13:10 <tjcatibog> ok well ... when I press END, it keeps putting Z
 
Oct 15 00:13:16 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 15 00:13:25 <tjcatibog> everytime I press backspace
 
Oct 15 00:13:43 <YDean1> im tell ya'll use mine
 
Oct 15 00:13:50 <_Rainulf> XD
 
Oct 15 00:13:55 <YDean1> it works like a dream
 
Oct 15 00:14:02 <_Rainulf> lmao
 
Oct 15 00:16:31 <YDean1> doesn't it work differently depending on the os?
 
Oct 15 00:16:44 <_Rainulf> oh yeh!
 
Oct 15 00:16:56 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog: u need to change platform
 
Oct 15 00:17:03 <_Rainulf> and programmer.. lol
 
Oct 15 00:17:13 <_Rainulf> .. if u havent done so wen compiling
 
Oct 15 00:17:30 <tjcatibog> lol I do
 
Oct 15 00:17:40 <tjcatibog> it won't let me compile unless it's my platform
 
Oct 15 00:18:06 <tjcatibog> as for the test main ... I use the ALL_PLATFORMS main
 
Oct 15 00:18:13 <_Rainulf> oh ok.. cuz i had that mistake before.. i kept compiling and the bug wont disappear no matter how much i edit, turns out i didnt change platform lol
 
Oct 15 00:18:16 <_Rainulf> oh ok
 
Oct 15 00:18:41 <YDean1> do still have that trailing ZZZ issue
 
Oct 15 00:22:55 <tjcatibog> working on it...
 
Oct 15 00:25:12 <YDean1> x = *offset + *curpos -1
 
Oct 15 00:35:07 <tjcatibog> ok
 
Oct 15 00:35:19 <tjcatibog> checkout my backspace_key
 
Oct 15 00:38:17 <tjcatibog> check it out now, I commented my code
 
Oct 15 00:42:12 <tjcatibog> btw ... don't we have a test tomorrow?
 
Oct 15 00:42:20 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 15 00:42:26 <_Rainulf> no we dont
 
Oct 15 00:42:28 <_Rainulf> i just asked fardad
 
Oct 15 00:42:45 <_Rainulf> and he replied no with ;( lol
 
Oct 15 00:42:46 <YDean1> what? i thought it was the midterm or something?
 
Oct 15 00:42:51 <_Rainulf> nono
 
Oct 15 00:43:09 <_Rainulf> wait, midterm? o.O
 
Oct 15 00:43:22 <_Rainulf> isnt it next week?
 
Oct 15 00:44:00 <tjcatibog> no it's next friday
 
Oct 15 00:44:04 <tjcatibog> just checked the wiki
 
Oct 15 00:44:09 <tjcatibog> midterm is week 7
 
Oct 15 00:44:13 <tjcatibog> on the friday
 
Oct 15 00:44:21 <_Rainulf> lol ok good
 
Oct 15 00:44:42 <YDean1> so nothing inportant tomorrow?
 
Oct 15 00:44:48 <tjcatibog> we are doing more of the real syntax of main, variable arguments, and starting c++ tomorrow
 
Oct 15 00:44:58 <tjcatibog> according to the wiki
 
Oct 15 00:45:01 <_Rainulf> w00t
 
Oct 15 00:45:36 <tjcatibog> I need to start blogging ... haven't written one yet lol
 
Oct 15 00:45:52 <YDean1> lol
 
Oct 15 00:46:03 <_Rainulf> haha yeh
 
Oct 15 00:46:06 <YDean1> it seems like a waste of time
 
Oct 15 00:46:17 <tjcatibog> and I have nothing to write usually
 
Oct 15 00:46:28 <YDean1> i hear u man
 
Oct 15 00:46:34 <_Rainulf> does fardad actually even give marks to our blogs? lol
 
Oct 15 00:46:41 <tjcatibog> yeah every week apparently
 
Oct 15 00:46:58 <_Rainulf> gek.. atleast i got a few posts
 
Oct 15 00:47:26 <YDean1> i have 3 at most and only the last one says something lol
 
Oct 15 00:48:10 <YDean1> hey im getting errors trying to compile your code
 
Oct 15 00:48:25 <tjcatibog> mine?
 
Oct 15 00:48:31 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 15 00:49:45 <tjcatibog> update it and try again
 
Oct 15 00:50:35 <tjcatibog> ooh I just found a bug
 
Oct 15 00:55:00 <tjcatibog> YDean1: were you able to compile it?
 
Oct 15 00:55:17 <YDean1> hold on a sec i have to add the home key and end
 
Oct 15 00:56:33 <YDean1> no still can't compile
 
Oct 15 00:57:55 <tjcatibog> that's odd.
 
Oct 15 00:57:58 <tjcatibog> mine compiles fine...
 
Oct 15 00:58:50 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 15 00:59:14 <_Rainulf> what's the error msg YDean1?
 
Oct 15 01:00:17 <YDean1> iol_menuItem has different type
 
Oct 15 01:00:49 <tjcatibog> I think I changed that just now
 
Oct 15 01:01:08 <tjcatibog> the declaration for "int status" in the header wasn't a pointer to status
 
Oct 15 01:01:21 <tjcatibog> typo on my part
 
Oct 15 01:01:31 <tjcatibog> update again
 
Oct 15 01:04:37 <YDean1> one second
 
Oct 15 01:05:52 <YDean1> whoever said development on mac is fun is LYING
 
Oct 15 01:06:05 <_Rainulf> lmao
 
Oct 15 01:06:17 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 15 01:07:14 <tjcatibog> "development on any one platform is only as fun as the project you're developing"
 
Oct 15 01:07:53 <YDean1> did you commit the changes?
 
Oct 15 01:08:06 * YDean1 tjcatibog
 
Oct 15 01:08:32 <tjcatibog> I believe I did...
 
Oct 15 01:08:47 <tjcatibog> guess not
 
Oct 15 01:08:48 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 15 01:08:50 <tjcatibog> I did now
 
Oct 15 01:15:24 <YDean1> still no error in function iol_menuitem
 
Oct 15 01:15:58 <YDean1> did u write the INSERT_KEY
 
Oct 15 01:16:15 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog: prj0.1 contains files for visual studio right?
 
Oct 15 01:16:24 <_Rainulf> im gonna check it out
 
Oct 15 01:16:34 <YDean1> im running in mac os
 
Oct 15 01:16:46 <YDean1> i changed PLT_VCC to PLT_MAC
 
Oct 15 01:17:19 <_Rainulf> lol how do i compile in visual studio again? lol
 
Oct 15 01:18:15 <tjcatibog> right-click the solution and click build
 
Oct 15 01:18:34 <tjcatibog> or rebuild if you had compiled it previously
 
Oct 15 01:18:44 <_Rainulf> ok god it
 
Oct 15 01:18:46 <_Rainulf> got*
 
Oct 15 01:19:10 <tjcatibog> I didn't write the INSERT_KEY
 
Oct 15 01:19:27 <tjcatibog> I can write it now ... seems easy enough
 
Oct 15 01:19:51 <_Rainulf> visual studio's weird.. u have no closing braces on line 346 but it still compiles.. o.o
 
Oct 15 01:20:10 <YDean1> i thinking that was the problem cause i don't have an insert_key defined
 
Oct 15 01:20:11 <tjcatibog> lol do I?
 
Oct 15 01:20:23 <_Rainulf> tjcatibog: lol u dont.. check it
 
Oct 15 01:20:37 <_Rainulf> for if(!ReadOnly)
 
Oct 15 01:21:44 <_Rainulf> hmmmmmm
 
Oct 15 01:21:55 <tjcatibog> oh lol I guess I didn't
 
Oct 15 01:22:21 <_Rainulf> yeh, but this is so weird
 
Oct 15 01:22:33 <_Rainulf> i tried to compile it with the braces and now it wont compile
 
Oct 15 01:22:49 <_Rainulf> i tried to take off the whole if(!ReadOnly) and it still wont compile
 
Oct 15 01:24:27 <tjcatibog> wait...
 
Oct 15 01:24:31 <tjcatibog> I'm checking what's wrong
 
Oct 15 01:24:38 <_Rainulf> yeh ok
 
Oct 15 01:25:40 <tjcatibog> ok try again
 
Oct 15 01:26:52 <_Rainulf> ok compiled it.. nice
 
Oct 15 01:26:55 <_Rainulf> what was wrong?
 
Oct 15 01:27:08 <tjcatibog> fixed bracket issues
 
Oct 15 01:27:18 <tjcatibog> there were a couple
 
Oct 15 01:27:20 <_Rainulf> oh ic
 
Oct 15 01:29:48 <YDean1> damn finally got it to work in mac looks good man
 
Oct 15 01:30:50 <_Rainulf> i think i found a bug in ur backspace lol
 
Oct 15 01:30:54 <tjcatibog> lol nice
 
Oct 15 01:31:07 <_Rainulf> try to move the cursor to the end of string
 
Oct 15 01:31:19 <_Rainulf> and backspace til it crash
 
Oct 15 01:31:27 <tjcatibog> yeah I found that bug too
 
Oct 15 01:31:33 <tjcatibog> haven't gotten around to fixing it yet...
 
Oct 15 01:31:42 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 15 01:34:57 <_Rainulf> hmm i wonder what's wrong with my version of backspace.. it's working on linux but not on windows
 
Oct 15 01:37:26 <_Rainulf> lol nvm
 
Oct 15 01:37:52 <_Rainulf> ur backspace doesnt crash on linux lol
 
Oct 15 01:39:37 <tjcatibog> lol damn windows!
 
Oct 15 01:40:47 <_Rainulf> lol ok, i fixed ur bug
 
Oct 15 01:41:00 <_Rainulf> lemme commit
 
Oct 15 01:41:42 <_Rainulf> there
 
Oct 15 01:43:41 <tjcatibog> ah that makes sense
 
Oct 15 01:43:46 <tjcatibog> let me see if it works on windows...
 
Oct 15 01:44:14 <YDean1> are you guys getting warnings?
 
Oct 15 01:44:26 <_Rainulf> yeh
 
Oct 15 01:52:01 <YDean1> you guys take it ez i'm out see ya'll tomorrow
 
Oct 15 01:52:09 <_Rainulf> ok, goodnighte
 
Oct 15 01:52:12 <_Rainulf> cya
 
Oct 15 01:52:35 * YDean1 has quit (Quit: Page closed)
 
Oct 15 02:08:33 <tjcatibog> I should sleep now too ... or else I'm gonna be late for class again tomorrow
 
Oct 15 02:08:34 <tjcatibog> lol
 
Oct 15 02:08:41 <_Rainulf> lol ok, goodnight man
 
Oct 15 02:08:42 <_Rainulf> cya
 
Oct 15 02:08:46 <tjcatibog> later
 
Oct 15 02:08:48 * tjcatibog has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.10/20100914125854])
 
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Fri Oct 15 07:49:26 2010
 
 
 
**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Oct 15 16:57:59 2010
 
 
 
Oct 15 16:57:59 * Now talking on #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 15 16:57:59 * Topic for #seneca-recompile is: Notes: complex funcs due Oct 17, Sunday, IRC. Feel free to edit the team's wiki homepage (http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_Project_Dev_Page_20103_-_OOP344)
 
Oct 15 16:57:59 * Topic for #seneca-recompile set by _Rainulf!~Rainulf@unaffiliated/-rainulf/x-988124 at Fri Oct 15 00:10:28 2010
 
Oct 15 16:57:59 -NickServ- You are now identified for _Rainulf.
 
Oct 15 22:50:59 * tjcatibog (~chatzilla@CPE001d0937c9c9-CM0014f85e427c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 15 22:58:54 * tjcatibog has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.10/20100914125854])
 
Oct 15 23:36:08 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 15 23:36:18 <YDean1> what up one what up all
 
Oct 15 23:36:22 <_Rainulf> supsup
 
Oct 15 23:36:34 <_Rainulf> oh yeh, i tried to compile it.. it compiles
 
Oct 15 23:36:50 <_Rainulf> theres just a few problems with menuitem, etc
 
Oct 15 23:37:00 <YDean1> ran the tester program test 6 and 7 i got  segmentation error
 
Oct 15 23:37:04 <_Rainulf> yeh that
 
Oct 15 23:37:09 <_Rainulf> i got segmentation error too
 
Oct 15 23:37:21 <_Rainulf> can u work on those funcs and i'll work on iol_edit?
 
Oct 15 23:38:30 <YDean1> where function are they the display?
 
Oct 15 23:38:46 <_Rainulf> it should say in the tester program
 
Oct 15 23:38:56 <_Rainulf> which func's having problems
 
Oct 15 23:39:31 <YDean1> i don't know? when test 6 doesn't show up just segmentation error nothing's displayed
 
Oct 15 23:39:51 <_Rainulf> hmm hold on
 
Oct 15 23:41:11 <_Rainulf> it stops at displaymenuitem func, so we can assume the bug's right on that function
 
Oct 15 23:41:31 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 15 23:41:44 <YDean1> did u speak with tjcatibog?
 
Oct 15 23:42:02 <_Rainulf> since it's a segmentation error, check if it properly puts null byte at the end of string
 
Oct 15 23:42:05 <_Rainulf> no, not yet
 
Oct 15 23:42:28 <_Rainulf> oh yeh
 
Oct 15 23:42:32 <_Rainulf> work on ur branch.. lol
 
Oct 15 23:43:01 <YDean1> did i accidently change something?
 
Oct 15 23:43:07 <YDean1> whoops
 
Oct 15 23:43:16 <_Rainulf> nono, just in case
 
Oct 15 23:43:23 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 15 23:43:40 <_Rainulf> just work on our own branches
 
Oct 15 23:43:48 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 15 23:43:50 <_Rainulf> copy and paste parts of our working codes, etc
 
Oct 15 23:44:03 <YDean1> cool
 
Oct 15 23:44:59 <YDean1> if you ask something and i don't answer right away i have to do alot of running back and forth
 
Oct 15 23:45:14 <_Rainulf> yeh, no problem man
 
Oct 16 00:10:55 <YDean1> fixed test 6 now it freezes
 
Oct 16 00:11:23 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 16 00:11:42 <_Rainulf> oh yeh, i fixed backspace now, it should be working on back linux and windows now
 
Oct 16 00:11:47 <_Rainulf> without crashign
 
Oct 16 00:11:50 <_Rainulf> crashing*
 
Oct 16 00:12:35 <_Rainulf> try to run it again
 
Oct 16 00:12:54 <YDean1> one sec
 
Oct 16 00:13:50 <YDean1> did you commit
 
Oct 16 00:14:00 <_Rainulf> nono
 
Oct 16 00:14:21 <_Rainulf> close the window and run it again.. see if it freezes
 
Oct 16 00:14:31 <_Rainulf> just to make sure it's not ur computer thats freezing lol
 
Oct 16 00:15:23 <YDean1> no my mac isn't freezing only test 6 and it says my space key is insert
 
Oct 16 00:15:50 <_Rainulf> hmm ic
 
Oct 16 00:17:12 <YDean1> im running test 5 b4 i run 6 5 runs then 6 is freezing and wrong input
 
Oct 16 00:17:40 <_Rainulf> hmm what funcs are those?
 
Oct 16 00:18:02 <YDean1> iol_displayflag
 
Oct 16 00:18:26 <_Rainulf> what's test 5 and test 6?
 
Oct 16 00:19:10 <YDean1> test 5 checks iol_menuItem test 6 tests displayflag
 
Oct 16 00:19:19 <_Rainulf> hmm
 
Oct 16 00:21:49 <_Rainulf> hold on, lemme read description
 
Oct 16 00:22:13 <YDean1> sorry iol_flag
 
Oct 16 00:22:39 <_Rainulf> did u commit it on ur branch?
 
Oct 16 00:24:44 <YDean1> no
 
Oct 16 00:27:18 <YDean1> i think i found the problem the function keys need a function fardad spoke about
 
Oct 16 00:27:51 <_Rainulf> hmm ok
 
Oct 16 00:28:18 <_Rainulf> did u fixed displaymenuitem yet?
 
Oct 16 00:29:14 <YDean1> my bad it was iol_flag that was the problem no *status just status
 
Oct 16 00:29:37 <_Rainulf> lol oh
 
Oct 16 00:34:36 <YDean1> do you have a #define Space_bar
 
Oct 16 00:35:55 <_Rainulf> lol no.. o.o
 
Oct 16 00:36:10 <_Rainulf> it didnt even mention
 
Oct 16 00:38:17 <YDean1> i'll try it both ways
 
Oct 16 00:38:43 <_Rainulf> wats the diff between *status and status?
 
Oct 16 00:39:52 <_Rainulf> ohh nvm
 
Oct 16 00:39:55 <_Rainulf> i see now
 
Oct 16 01:19:11 <YDean1> problem now its saying y space is an insert key
 
Oct 16 01:19:29 <_Rainulf> with what?
 
Oct 16 01:19:41 <_Rainulf> ohh lol
 
Oct 16 01:19:55 <YDean1> sorry my SPACE key is an INSERT key test 6
 
Oct 16 01:22:57 <_Rainulf> did u fixed those funcs tho?
 
Oct 16 01:28:12 <YDean1> still working on it
 
Oct 16 01:31:17 <YDean1> test 6 works
 
Oct 16 01:34:12 <YDean1> test 7 works
 
Oct 16 01:34:27 <_Rainulf> wats test 7?
 
Oct 16 01:34:50 <YDean1> radio buttons
 
Oct 16 01:37:24 <_Rainulf> ok, i will merge my branch with trunk now
 
Oct 16 01:37:35 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 16 02:01:52 <YDean1> ok i did the insert_key but it doesn't check the maxdatalen variable but it works in the tester
 
Oct 16 02:02:16 <_Rainulf> wait, what test are u now?
 
Oct 16 02:02:21 <_Rainulf> sry i didnt merge it yet
 
Oct 16 02:02:27 <_Rainulf> i saw bugs
 
Oct 16 02:02:32 <YDean1> one sec
 
Oct 16 02:04:50 <YDean1> test 9.9 it test the end key it says its one off
 
Oct 16 02:05:09 <_Rainulf> u passed all test until 9.9?
 
Oct 16 02:05:17 <YDean1> ya
 
Oct 16 02:05:32 <_Rainulf> hold on.. i made a lot of changes in iol_edit.. lol
 
Oct 16 02:05:41 <_Rainulf> did u commit ur code?
 
Oct 16 02:05:48 <YDean1> no
 
Oct 16 02:05:53 <_Rainulf> lol commit it first
 
Oct 16 02:06:00 <YDean1> ok
 
Oct 16 02:10:09 <YDean1> everythings commited
 
Oct 16 02:10:27 <_Rainulf> ok hold on
 
Oct 16 02:20:33 <_Rainulf> ok there.. merged it
 
Oct 16 02:20:37 <_Rainulf> get the latest trunk
 
Oct 16 02:26:58 <_Rainulf> lol did u commit urs? i still see that segmentation error bug
 
Oct 16 02:27:12 <YDean1> ya i did
 
Oct 16 02:27:23 <YDean1> give me a sec im working on mac lol
 
Oct 16 02:27:42 <_Rainulf> lol k
 
Oct 16 02:31:32 <YDean1> damn doesn't look like it got uploaded and i deleted everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oct 16 02:31:46 <_Rainulf> lololol
 
Oct 16 02:36:32 <YDean1> should take two sec
 
Oct 16 02:36:42 <YDean1> ill finish this them im hitting the sac
 
Oct 16 02:37:05 <_Rainulf> lol alrite man
 
Oct 16 02:38:57 <_Rainulf> ugh.. im gonna sleep now.. tired.. lets finish this tmr
 
Oct 16 02:39:13 <YDean1> ok take it ez man
 
Oct 16 02:39:24 * YDean1 has quit ()
 
Oct 16 03:11:24 * YDean1 (ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219) has joined #seneca-recompile
 
Oct 16 03:11:28 <YDean1> still up
 
Oct 16 03:12:16 * YDean1 has quit (Client Quit)
 
</pre> 
 
<h3> Meeting with Fardad Nov 15, 2010</h3>
 
<pre>
 
[21:01] == YDean1 [ae7140db@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.113.64.219] has joined #seneca-oop344
 
 
 
[21:01] <_Rainulf> hey ya go
 
 
 
[21:02] <_Rainulf> so..
 
 
 
[21:02] <@fardad> hi YDean1
 
 
 
[21:02] <YDean1> what up
 
 
 
[21:02] <@fardad> Ok, first, where are you in the project?
 
 
 
[21:03] <@fardad> what stage? (biefly)
 
 
 
[21:03] <_Rainulf> well, we finished the blank cpps
 
 
 
[21:03] <_Rainulf> and i've started a bit of easy funcs
 
 
 
[21:03] <@fardad> that is good
 
 
 
[21:04] <@fardad> lets talk about who is going to do what ok?
 
 
 
[21:04] <_Rainulf> sure
 
 
 
[21:04] <@fardad> first, do you have a separate project page on wiki or youare going to use your teampage for it?
 
 
 
[21:05] <_Rainulf> i think we're good with team page.. YDean1, tjcatibog what do u guys think?
 
 
 
[21:05]  * fardad is ok with it too
 
 
 
[21:05] <@fardad> keeping it simple
 
 
 
[21:05] <YDean1> teampage is fine
 
 
 
[21:05] <_Rainulf> it depends in the complexity tho
 
 
 
[21:05] <@fardad> tjcatibog: there?
 
 
 
[21:06] <tjcatibog> yes
 
 
 
[21:06] <@fardad> _Rainulf: well you can always move it to anew page if you find it too complicated
 
 
 
[21:06] <_Rainulf> i guess
 
 
 
[21:06] <@fardad> so, lets talk about tasks for the first stage ok?
 
 
 
[21:06] <_Rainulf> ok
 
 
 
[21:07] <@fardad> _Rainulf: you started Border?
 
 
 
[21:08] <_Rainulf> not really much
 
 
 
[21:08] <_Rainulf> i mean
 
 
 
[21:08] <@fardad> ok, we need two of you to start this
 
 
 
[21:08] <@fardad> the third person will do other school work to free his time for the task to come
 
 
 
[21:09] <YDean1> im in
 
 
 
[21:09] <_Rainulf> oki
 
 
 
[21:09] <@fardad> ok
 
 
 
[21:09] <YDean1> okay
 
 
 
[21:09] <@fardad> tjcatibog: you are off for the first 36 hours
 
 
 
[21:10] <tjcatibog> ok
 
 
 
[21:10] <@fardad> _Rainulf: you gotta be done with border in 3 hours
 
 
 
[21:10] <@fardad> ha ha
 
 
 
[21:10] <@fardad> 36 hours
 
 
 
[21:10] <_Rainulf> u scared me for a sec there fardad
 
 
 
[21:10] <_Rainulf> lol
 
 
 
[21:10] <YDean1> lol
 
 
 
[21:10] <pbrown9> I liked the first one better, it's good for a heart attack
 
 
 
[21:10] <@fardad> ok, YDean1
 
 
 
[21:11] <YDean1> yes sir
 
 
 
[21:11] <@fardad> you gotta have the team page fixed and reorganized to accomodate:
 
 
 
[21:11] <@fardad> Trunk status,
 
 
 
[21:11] <@fardad> Each team members current work
 
 
 
[21:12] <@fardad> Log of what is done and finished
 
 
 
[21:12] <@fardad> Tasks for each team member to do in future
 
 
 
[21:13] <@fardad> are you guys clear about these or need more explaning?
 
 
 
[21:13] <_Rainulf> hmm
 
 
 
[21:13] <@fardad> Ok, let go one by one:
 
 
 
[21:13] <@fardad> Trunk Status: any question?
 
 
 
[21:13] <_Rainulf> nope
 
 
 
[21:14] <YDean1> nope
 
 
 
[21:14] <tjcatibog> nay
 
 
 
[21:14] <@fardad> Ok , two possible things, either "last commited by teammember" or "being commited by team member"
 
 
 
[21:15] <@fardad> Other NEVER commit while status is (being commieted)
 
 
 
[21:15] <@fardad> s/Other/Others
 
 
 
[21:16] <@fardad> before you commit change the status to being commited by "your name" and when done you will change it to "last commited by".....
 
 
 
[21:16] <_Rainulf> hold on
 
 
 
[21:16] <_Rainulf> so we put it on comments when we commit?
 
 
 
[21:16] <_Rainulf> eg. "committed by: rainulf"
 
 
 
[21:17] <@fardad> _Rainulf: clarify, are you talking about svn or wiki?
 
 
 
[21:17] <_Rainulf> sry, i thought svn
 
 
 
[21:17] <_Rainulf> ok wiki
 
 
 
[21:17] <@fardad> ok, to make sure confilicts are minimized when commiting to trunk
 
 
 
[21:18] <@fardad> you should always have the status of trunk updated on wiki
 
 
 
[21:18] <@fardad> and check it before you do an actual commit on trunk
 
 
 
[21:18] <@fardad> if you see the status is "last commited..."  it means it is safe to commit
 
 
 
[21:19] <@fardad> so you change it to "being commited by...." and then start commiting and so on....
 
 
 
[21:19] <@fardad> when you are done, i.e. conflicts are resolved and and trunk is compiled and probably ready to be tagged....
 
 
 
[21:19] <@fardad> you change the status to "last commited by ...."
 
 
 
[21:19] <@fardad> this means you are done.
 
 
 
[21:20] <@fardad> doing this it is impissible for two team members to commit at the same time
 
 
 
[21:20] <@fardad> capishe?
 
 
 
[21:20]  * _Rainulf understood
 
 
 
[21:20] <YDean1> yep
 
 
 
[21:20] <@fardad> YDean1: tjcatibog; ?
 
 
 
[21:20] <tjcatibog> ok
 
 
 
[21:21] <@fardad> YDean1: so this is a section that you should have in your team page
 
 
 
[21:21] <YDean1> ok
 
 
 
[21:21] <@fardad> and the moste important one
 
 
 
[21:21] <@fardad> next you sould have three sections for three team members where they will have the task they are currently doing
 
 
 
[21:21] <@fardad> each team member can log problems here and note what is needed to be noted
 
 
 
[21:22] <@fardad> when the task is done it is moved to the list of the tasks that are done
 
 
 
[21:23] <@fardad> if you like you can move the logs too, but you can really delete them since the task is already done
 
 
 
[21:23] <@fardad> so in completed tasks section you will have something like
 
 
 
[21:24] <@fardad> FWBorder implimentaion: _Rainulf
 
 
 
[21:24] <_Rainulf> got it
 
 
 
[21:24] <@fardad> (when he is done)
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> the final section is task assignments that are to be done later by each person, it is like completed tasks section but for the tasks to be done
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> so
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> Trunk status
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> Tasks
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> member A
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> member B
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> member C
 
 
 
[21:25] <@fardad> completed tasks
 
 
 
[21:26] <@fardad> (replace memeber X) with team members of course :)
 
 
 
[21:26] <@fardad> YDean1: also
 
 
 
[21:26] <YDean1> yes sir
 
 
 
[21:26] <@fardad> use your own taste and immagination to make it better please
 
 
 
[21:27] <_Rainulf> lol
 
 
 
[21:27] <YDean1> do i get bonus marks?
 
 
 
[21:27] <@fardad> YDean1: yes by not losing marks
 
 
 
[21:27] <YDean1> lol
 
 
 
[21:27] <_Rainulf> lol
 
 
 
[21:27] <@fardad> tjcatibog: your task is to schedule the next meeting in 36 hours
 
 
 
[21:28] <tjcatibog> ok
 
 
 
[21:28] <@fardad> 30 mins is more than enough
 
 
 
[21:28] <@fardad> everyone is ok with this?
 
 
 
[21:28] <_Rainulf> yupertz
 
 
 
[21:28] <YDean1> yep
 
 
 
[21:29] <@fardad> so in 36 hours, I will have the border working and tested, wiki page ready to be edited and appointement schedueled right?
 
 
 
[21:29] <_Rainulf> got it
 
 
 
[21:29] <@fardad> any questions?
 
 
 
[21:29] <YDean1> yep
 
 
 
[21:29] <tjcatibog> ok
 
 
 
[21:29] <_Rainulf> none from me
 
 
 
[21:29] <tjcatibog> yeah, I got one
 
 
 
[21:30] <tjcatibog> we want the next meeting in exactly 36 hours? or at least 36
 
 
 
[21:30] <@fardad> :)
 
 
 
[21:30]  * tjcatibog thinks it's a decent question
 
 
 
[21:30] <@fardad> no after 36 hours the very first possible time...
 
 
 
[21:30] <@fardad> remember, the later your meeting the less time you have for work
 
 
 
[21:30] <tjcatibog> ok
 
 
 
[21:31] <@fardad> tjcatibog: it was decent...
 
 
 
[21:31] <@fardad> YDean1: please have a page with the log of our irc meetings
 
 
 
[21:32] <YDean1> sure thing
 
 
 
[21:32] <@fardad> YDean1: just copy the above is in a wiki page called say recompile team IRC logs oop344 20103
 
 
 
[21:32] <@fardad> and keep adding thelogs in <pre> tags
 
 
 
[21:32] <@fardad> ok?
 
 
 
[21:33] <_Rainulf> YDean1: check this out http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Team_Recompile_IRC_Logs_20103_-_OOP344
 
 
 
[21:33] <_Rainulf> thats the log since the very first creation of #seneca-recompile
 
 
 
[21:33] <@fardad> beautifule
 
 
 
[21:34] <@fardad> *beautiful :)
 
 
 
[21:34] <@fardad> just make sure each have its own section with date like:
 
 
 
[21:34] <@fardad> ==Nov 15 - meeting with Fardad==
 
 
 
[21:35] <@fardad> ok?
 
</pre>
 

Latest revision as of 15:37, 25 April 2018

-