Image Processing Performance Using Parallel Programming
This assignment introduces simple image processing using MPI parallel programming. This assignment also explains about performance comparison from 1 core to 16 cores.
Team Lion Member
Basic Concept of Image Processing
- Convolution between image and filter(kernel)
- Each processing of pixel independent from another pixels
- Can be used for Edge finding, Blur and image enhancement.
All pixels in edges need special treatment.
False Sharing Consideration
- Threading each pixel – The worst
- Threading each row – Good
- Threading multiple rows band – The best
Test Environment Consideration
- How to test performance more than 4 cores computer.
Azure VM Environment
- Cloud service from Microsoft
- You can rent many kind of Virtual Machines.
- Access remotely using Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
- Performance depends on number of cores.
- OpenMP is easy to use. Much easier than normal(POSIX) Thread method.