Difference between revisions of "Team Guardian"
(→Project Marking Percentage: Updated marking scheme.)
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
== Repository Path ==
== Repository Path ==
Revision as of 14:56, 20 January 2011
- 1 Guardian
- 2 Team Members
- 3 Proposal
- 4 Moderator's - Instructors Comments
- 5 Team Schedule
- 6 Links
Project Marking Percentage
Group work: 25% (25 <= xx <= 50) Individual work: 75% + (50 <= xx <= 75) ------------------------- Total 100%
new path: svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/dps905_111rep7
committed by Hasan
UPDATE: Nov. 5, Importing meshes from a file now ready
Mesh importing has now been implemented through the CreateMesh() method. To use it, #include "iMesh.h" and call CreateMesh("filename.obj", Colour somecolour);
CreateMesh: This function creates and returns the address of a new iObject object (in reality a Mesh object, descending from Object). The model file is expected to reside in resources/models (resources resides in the same directory as 15-Controller). Like other objects, set the Colour to whatever you want to multiply the model's texture by that colour.
|Last Name||First Name||Seneca Username||Blog Url||IRC Nick||Phone Number|
|Kamal-Al-Deen||Hasan||hkamal-al-deen||The Orbital Station||northWind||416NUMNUMNUM909NUMNUMNUM7925|
In response to the proposal assignment in-class, this memo outlines our plans to create a 3D game for GAM666.
Our game is going to be a ball rolling through a maze. The point of view will be third person perspective as if the camera is following the ball. The entire level will propel the balls movement by “tilting” the level and simulating gravity. The objective will be to successfully roll the ball to the target while using visual cues (objects) to keep track of where the ball has been. Various obstacles may hinder the balls success.
Feasibility of Project
Our group has looked at this project quite carefully and we think it's feasible because:
- We will be building on the existing framework provided by Chris Szalwinski.
- The first milestone should be relatively easy to achieve (having a ball rolling in a hall/room).
- Once we have achieved the first milestone, there will be plenty of oportunity for each team member to make further contributions and increase the complexity of the game.
- Having an idea which is initially simplistic and builds in complexity will allow our team to ensure a polished look and playability.
|OBJ Model Importer||-||UNASSIGNED|
Map of the World of the Game
Moderator's - Instructors Comments
Wed, Sept 29 @ 9:00pm in Freenode, /join #seneca-students