Difference between revisions of "Talk:OOP344 - HOTYS IRC Logs - 20102"

From CDOT Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Log 3 (06/13/10))
 
(Blanked the page)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
===Log 3 (06/13/10)===
 
<big><pre>
 
  
Session Start: Sun Jun 13 11:57:29 2010
 
Session Ident: #seneca-hotys
 
�03[11:57] * Now talking in #seneca-hotys
 
�01[11:57] <TonyKim> Hi Stephanie~~
 
[11:57] <@_YJ_> hello tony
 
�01[11:59] <TonyKim> :-)
 
�03[12:00] * Han3 (~hckim3@bas1-toronto09-1279543549.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #seneca-hotys
 
�01[12:00] <TonyKim> Hi Han
 
�01[12:00] <TonyKim> Hi YuJin
 
[12:00] <@_YJ_> hi han
 
[12:00] <Han3> Hi all
 
[12:01] <slaw12> morning !!
 
[12:01] <Han3> I already wake up..ha
 
[12:01] <@_YJ_> haha
 
�01[12:01] <TonyKim> [_Y_J]You are a master
 
[12:01] <Han3> where is Ozzy?
 
[12:01] <@_YJ_> really ?
 
[12:01] <@_YJ_> lol
 
�01[12:01] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:01] <@_YJ_> I sent Ozzy a message too
 
[12:01] <Han3> ok..
 
[12:02] <@_YJ_> I don't wanna be master here.
 
[12:02] <@_YJ_> lol
 
[12:02] <Han3> Our teacher posted our stuff on wiki..
 
[12:02] <Han3> haha
 
�01[12:02] <TonyKim> You can kick off
 
�01[12:02] <TonyKim> someone you don't like
 
�01[12:02] <TonyKim> LOL
 
[12:02] <@_YJ_> shall we wait until Ozzy comes ?
 
[12:03] <@_YJ_> I finished displaymenuitem and menuitem function
 
[12:03] <@_YJ_> take a look at this
 
[12:03] <@_YJ_> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP244_-_HOTYS_Project_Dev_Page_-_20101
 
[12:03] <Han3> I checked
 
[12:03] <@_YJ_> I think we need to decide who will do which functions
 
[12:03] <slaw12> yah
 
[12:04] <slaw12> that sounds like a good plan
 
[12:04] <@_YJ_> yes.
 
[12:04] <@_YJ_> I wanna distribute to this.
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_> D- [displayMenuItem()]
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_>    [MenuItem()]
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_>    [edit(): data entry, insert mode]
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_>    [Test Linux platform]
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_> Fardad suggested task distribution
 
[12:05] <Han3> mine is displayflag()
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_> but we can change it as we want
 
�01[12:05] <TonyKim> I saw it
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_> yeah, since Tony worked on iof_edit function
 
[12:05] <@_YJ_> a lot
 
[12:06] <Han3> it's up to you guys..
 
[12:06] <@_YJ_> tony should take distribution for part of iof_edit
 
[12:06] <Han3> good
 
[12:06] <slaw12> ok
 
[12:06] <@_YJ_> I will take menuitem and displaymenuitem and insert mode of iof_edit
 
[12:06] <@_YJ_> (or I want to take)
 
�01[12:06] <TonyKim> [edit(): Corrections before editing]
 
�01[12:06] <TonyKim>    [edit(): Backspace Key]
 
�01[12:06] <TonyKim>    [edit(): Enter and All function keys]
 
�01[12:06] <TonyKim>    [Test Linux platform]
 
[12:07] <@_YJ_> tony look at the second one
 
[12:07] <@_YJ_> that's the first one
 
[12:07] <Han3> we can follow the shedule our teacher made..too..
 
[12:07] <@_YJ_> from this page http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP244_-_HOTYS_Project_Dev_Page_-_20101
 
[12:07] <@_YJ_> yeah. we can follow his suggestion
 
[12:08] <@_YJ_> but since some of us already worked on different functions
 
[12:08] <@_YJ_> I think it better make sense to change fardad's suggestion
 
[12:09] <Han3> I think each member should have equl chance to contribute for out project...ha
 
�01[12:09] <TonyKim> Yes, I agree
 
[12:09] <Han3> our project..soryy..
 
[12:09] <@_YJ_> yeah.
 
[12:09] <Han3> good..
 
[12:10] <slaw12> How about we look at what is left and then distribute from there?
 
[12:10] <@_YJ_> do you mean
 
[12:10] <@_YJ_> since we worked one the same functions together
 
[12:11] <@_YJ_> put that one into each members distribution list
 
[12:11] <@_YJ_> and then divide what's left /
 
[12:11] <@_YJ_> ?
 
[12:11] <slaw12> mm..
 
[12:11] <@_YJ_> like put iof_edit delete key on all of our members name ?
 
[12:13] <Han3> In my opinion, if we follow teacher's suggestion, we can share our information
 
[12:13] <Han3> and also, we can help each other..
 
[12:13] <@_YJ_> yeah. we will still follow teacher;s suggestion
 
[12:14] <@_YJ_> but what I'm suggesting is
 
[12:14] <@_YJ_> for example
 
[12:14] <@_YJ_> according to teacher's sugestion, I am supposed to test MAC platform
 
[12:14] <Han3> right..
 
[12:14] <@_YJ_> but I think I better switch with tony's Linux platform
 
[12:14] <@_YJ_> since tony has Mac
 
�01[12:15] <TonyKim> ok
 
[12:15] <slaw12> I was thinking whoever had already finished certain functions should just submit what they've already written and then we can look at what's left and divide the work from there?
 
[12:15] <@_YJ_> so I will take linux
 
[12:15] <@_YJ_> and tony will do mac
 
[12:15] <@_YJ_> something like this
 
[12:15] <@_YJ_> we will still follow the suggestion but make some changes like this
 
[12:15] <Han3> good
 
[12:15] <Han3> I understand what you mean..
 
[12:15] <@_YJ_> :-)
 
[12:16] <@_YJ_> and since I finished menuitem and displaymenuitem
 
[12:16] <@_YJ_> I can take that
 
[12:16] <@_YJ_> and han did flag and displayflag
 
�01[12:16] <TonyKim> We can share our source code. Anyone can copy and past from others. No matter whoever had already finished certain functions.
 
[12:16] <Han3> I already finished my part...
 
[12:16] <@_YJ_> yeah
 
[12:16] <Han3> right...
 
[12:16] <@_YJ_> except you need to test it BCC
 
[12:17] <Han3> yes..
 
[12:17] <@_YJ_> yes
 
[12:17] <@_YJ_> tony
 
[12:17] <@_YJ_> yes
 
�01[12:17] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:17] <@_YJ_> steph
 
[12:17] <slaw12> yes
 
[12:18] <Han3> I put my baby away from here..haha
 
[12:18] <@_YJ_> good job han !
 
[12:18] <@_YJ_> lol
 
[12:18] <Han3> haha
 
[12:19] <@_YJ_> so now..
 
[12:19] <@_YJ_> do you think we have to wait until ozzy comes ?
 
[12:19] <@_YJ_> to decide this distribution ?
 
[12:19] <Han3> After meeting, you can email hin
 
[12:19] <Han3> him.
 
[12:20] <slaw12> i think we should go ahead
 
[12:20] <Han3> Yujin
 
[12:20] <slaw12> and then we can change it after if he has issues
 
�01[12:20] <TonyKim> [_Y_J_]Has he responded to you?
 
[12:20] <@_YJ_> no he hasn't replied to me
 
[12:20] <@_YJ_> does anyone know how to upload our meeting log ?
 
�01[12:21] <TonyKim> I'll do it.
 
[12:21] <Han3> good
 
�01[12:21] <TonyKim> Copy and past.
 
[12:21] <@_YJ_> yes. please do it for us.
 
[12:21] <@_YJ_> really ?
 
[12:21] <@_YJ_> there should be automatic thing
 
[12:22] <@_YJ_> but anyway it's not really important
 
[12:22] <@_YJ_> tony, just do in  a way whatever you know.
 
�01[12:22] <TonyKim> I have a question.
 
[12:22] <@_YJ_> ?
 
�01[12:22] <TonyKim> edit(): Corrections before editing
 
�01[12:22] <TonyKim> I have no idea above.
 
[12:23] <Han3> what does mean tony??
 
[12:24] <@_YJ_> hmmm
 
[12:24] <@_YJ_> stephanie, any idea ?
 
�01[12:24] <TonyKim> I meant I don't understand the instruction how to do it.
 
[12:24] <@_YJ_> yeah me too
 
[12:24] <@_YJ_> corrections before editing ?
 
[12:24] <slaw12> hmm..
 
�01[12:25] <TonyKim> NOTE: Following corrections should be done to "*curpos" and "*offset" in case they hold invalid values before editing begins:
 
�01[12:26] <TonyKim> 1.If "*curpos" exceeds the value of fieldlen, correct the "*curpos" so that cursor stands at the last position inside the field
 
[12:26] <@_YJ_> is it from assignment description ?
 
�01[12:26] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:26] <@_YJ_> oh then now you know what to do
 
�01[12:27] <TonyKim> But "*curpos" and "*offset" depend on the keys.
 
�01[12:28] <TonyKim> OK. I got it.
 
[12:28] <@_YJ_> so what should we do from now..
 
�01[12:28] <TonyKim> I have to put some code to check if "*offset" and "*curpos" are vaild.
 
[12:29] <@_YJ_> any objections or suggestion to the task distrbution from here http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP244_-_HOTYS_Project_Dev_Page_-_20101#Complex_Functions ?
 
[12:29] <@_YJ_> Ozzy just sent me he is going to be here soon
 
�01[12:29] <TonyKim> ok
 
[12:29] <slaw12> so we should just go with the list?
 
[12:29] <@_YJ_> we can make changes to this in today's meeting
 
[12:30] <@_YJ_> seems like every members have at least 4 tasks
 
[12:30] <@_YJ_> as long as you have 4 tasks, it doesn't matter which one you have.
 
�01[12:30] <TonyKim> [slaw12]Yes
 
[12:30] <@_YJ_> so.. if you want you can exchange something with others ? after discussion ?
 
[12:31] <@_YJ_> lol
 
�03[12:31] * OzZy_M (~omirza@CPE0013f7a1eec7-CM0013f7a1eec3.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-hotys
 
[12:31] <OzZy_M> Sorry I'mlate
 
�01[12:31] <TonyKim> Hi Ozzy!
 
[12:31] <@_YJ_> for me I 'm okay with my distribution list
 
[12:31] <OzZy_M> I slept in :(
 
[12:31] <slaw12> ok
 
[12:31] <Han3> Hi
 
[12:31] <@_YJ_> Hi ozzy
 
[12:31] <slaw12> no worries, good morning!
 
[12:31] <slaw12> :P
 
[12:31] <OzZy_M> :)
 
[12:31] <@_YJ_> Ozzy, can you take a look at this ?
 
[12:31] <OzZy_M> Did I miss anything?
 
[12:31] <@_YJ_> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP244_-_HOTYS_Project_Dev_Page_-_20101#Complex_Functions
 
[12:31] <slaw12> you have oop244
 
�01[12:32] <TonyKim> [slaw12]You can exchange yours with anyone. I think.
 
[12:32] <@_YJ_> we need to decide on task distribution list.
 
[12:32] <@_YJ_> Fardad e-mailed us about it.
 
[12:32] <slaw12> ok
 
[12:32] <OzZy_M> oklemme check my email then
 
[12:33] <@_YJ_> we made some adjustment to his suggested distribution list.
 
[12:33] <@_YJ_> and check that link above as well
 
[12:34] <OzZy_M> So
 
[12:34] <OzZy_M> What am I looking at
 
[12:34] <OzZy_M> this is what needs to be done?
 
[12:34] <@_YJ_> you mean distribution list ?
 
[12:35] <@_YJ_> what do you mean
 
[12:35] <OzZy_M> Some of the stuff on the list we haven't done yet right?
 
[12:35] <slaw12> right
 
[12:35] <@_YJ_> yeap
 
[12:35] <@_YJ_> I did some work
 
[12:35] <@_YJ_> han did some work
 
[12:35] <OzZy_M> so we need to get all this stuff done before thursday?
 
[12:36] <slaw12> by thursday nighte
 
�01[12:36] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:36] <@_YJ_> which means we need to finish all complex functions
 
[12:36] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:36] <@_YJ_> and we need to make this distribution list done.
 
[12:36] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:37] <@_YJ_> so take a look at the link I gave you and tell us any suggestions or objections
 
[12:37] <@_YJ_> we were talking about this before you come
 
[12:37] <OzZy_M> So we need to comment the code saying that we did the parts divided up on the page?
 
[12:37] <@_YJ_> and Han, me, tony agreed one the list.
 
[12:37] <OzZy_M> not Stephanie?
 
[12:37] <@_YJ_> steph, do you agree ?
 
[12:37] <slaw12> yes, it's fine
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> good.
 
[12:38] <OzZy_M> I don't see anything wrong with it
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> we don't need to comment on the actual code
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> since Fardad will take a look at
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> our group page
 
[12:38] <OzZy_M> oh
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> and that distribution list
 
[12:38] <OzZy_M> when committing
 
[12:38] <Han3> when we commit..we need to add comment..
 
[12:38] <@_YJ_> he is gonna check that  group project page when marking
 
�01[12:39] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:39] <OzZy_M> so what was the point in moving around the tasks?
 
[12:39] <@_YJ_> for example, testing Mac platform is more suitable for Tony
 
[12:39] <@_YJ_> so I exchanged with him
 
[12:39] <@_YJ_> and I finished displaymenuitem and menuitem function
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> oic
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:40] <@_YJ_> so I better put that on my list
 
[12:40] <@_YJ_> and our edit function is not done yet
 
[12:40] <@_YJ_> I mean completely done yet.
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> ya
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> so we have our work laid out for us
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> excellent
 
[12:40] <@_YJ_> yeah.
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> now
 
[12:40] <OzZy_M> what else is there to do?
 
[12:41] <@_YJ_> hmm
 
�01[12:41] <TonyKim> Also we can share our code no matter whoever has done certain functions.
 
[12:41] <OzZy_M> ya
 
[12:41] <Han3> right...
 
[12:41] <@_YJ_> yes
 
[12:41] <OzZy_M> Where are the descriptions on what everything does?
 
[12:41] <OzZy_M> I have no idea what the Esacpe key should do
 
�01[12:42] <TonyKim> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Oop344_20102_-_iof_functions
 
[12:42] <@_YJ_> yeah
 
�01[12:42] <TonyKim> ESCAPE - Terminates the iof_edit(), and abort editing; "str"will contain originally passed data when leaving function. (SeeIsTextEditor for exception)
 
[12:42] <@_YJ_> click that link and take a look at
 
�01[12:42] <TonyKim> I think we have to use some string functions in "string.h".
 
�01[12:42] <TonyKim> strcpy
 
[12:43] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:43] <Han3> I think so..
 
[12:43] <OzZy_M> alright
 
[12:43] <OzZy_M> so lets get to work?
 
[12:43] <@_YJ_> since we are assigned to specific functions now... shall we worked individually first
 
[12:43] <@_YJ_> ?
 
[12:43] <@_YJ_> or...
 
[12:43] <OzZy_M> ya
 
[12:43] <@_YJ_> what else should we do in today's meeting ?
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> We should come together if we need help
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> firstly
 
[12:44] <@_YJ_> I guess we need to have another meeting after workinig individually ?
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> is everyone going to start working on this after the meeting?
 
[12:44] <slaw12> yes, to put everything together
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> today
 
[12:44] <@_YJ_> I'm going to working right from now.
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:44] <OzZy_M> tony han steph?
 
�01[12:44] <TonyKim> I'll do it now.
 
[12:44] <Han3> I have to go photo studio..
 
[12:45] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:45] <@_YJ_> but han is almost done with his part
 
[12:45] <slaw12> i have an appointment at 2 so prollie do some now and then do some later
 
[12:45] <Han3> I am done...
 
[12:45] <OzZy_M> alright
 
[12:45] <Han3> except for BBC test..
 
[12:45] <@_YJ_> then we gotta have meeting on other day ?
 
[12:45] <OzZy_M> ya
 
�01[12:45] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:45] <OzZy_M> Mon/Tue
 
[12:45] <Han3> good
 
[12:45] <@_YJ_> okiue
 
[12:45] <@_YJ_> when should we have meeting again ?
 
[12:45] <Han3> Tue is better..for me
 
[12:46] <OzZy_M> Tue after DBS is good
 
[12:46] <@_YJ_> when does DBS finish ?
 
�01[12:46] <TonyKim> After 3pm.
 
�01[12:46] <TonyKim> one second
 
[12:46] <OzZy_M> 5
 
�01[12:46] <TonyKim> yes
 
�01[12:47] <TonyKim> After 5 pm.
 
[12:47] <Han3> yes..g
 
[12:47] <Han3> 5
 
[12:47] <@_YJ_> will it be IRC meeting or in-person meeting ?
 
[12:47] <OzZy_M> doesn't matter
 
�01[12:47] <TonyKim> Ron will give us some answers for an assignment 1.
 
[12:47] <slaw12> i can stay at school and meet
 
[12:47] <@_YJ_> I prefer in_person meeting
 
[12:48] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:48] <OzZy_M> so at 5:15 we all meet at the library?
 
[12:48] <@_YJ_> yes
 
�01[12:48] <TonyKim> Yes
 
[12:48] <slaw12> sure
 
[12:48] <@_YJ_> we can book the room again
 
[12:48] <@_YJ_> I can do that
 
[12:48] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:49] <@_YJ_> Tuesday 5:10 to 7:00 room 1132 is booked
 
�01[12:49] <TonyKim> Alright.
 
[12:49] <Han3> ok
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> just meet in the library
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> forget the room
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> it doesn't matter if we have one or not
 
[12:50] <@_YJ_> I already booked the room.
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> ok
 
[12:50] <Han3> good
 
[12:50] <@_YJ_> so we can use it
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> alright
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> we'll meet then
 
[12:50] <slaw12> ok sounds good
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> is anyone going to be on msn the rest of the day?
 
[12:50] <Han3> ok..
 
[12:50] <OzZy_M> I might have some more questions later
 
[12:51] <OzZy_M> I have to go out somewhere to work
 
[12:51] <OzZy_M> I can't work at home :(
 
[12:51] <@_YJ_> haha
 
�01[12:51] <TonyKim> ok
 
[12:51] <@_YJ_> no. I had no idea about automatic logging function
 
�01[12:51] <TonyKim> I have to clean my room.
 
[12:51] <OzZy_M> lol
 
[12:51] <@_YJ_> actually I wanna learn how to do it
 
[12:51] <@_YJ_> teach us or make a wiki page about it
 
[12:51] <@_YJ_> lol
 
[12:51] <Han3> Good job..Tony..haha
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> I did
 
[12:52] <@_YJ_> really ?
 
[12:52] <@_YJ_> where is it
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> ya
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> oh you are using chatzilla?
 
[12:52] <@_YJ_> yes
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> I have no idea how to do it on there
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> whoever has a log of the entire meeting
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> put it up on the site
 
[12:52] <slaw12> you can't do it on there
 
[12:52] <@_YJ_> :-(
 
[12:52] <slaw12> I looked i tup
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> booo
 
[12:52] <@_YJ_> sad.
 
[12:52] <OzZy_M> chatzilla sux
 
[12:53] <OzZy_M> !
 
[12:53] <slaw12> yeah, it's so ol school
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> but it's simple and free
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> it's okay
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> lol
 
[12:53] <slaw12> you'd have to copy and paste it. haha..
 
[12:53] <OzZy_M> so is mIRC
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> lol
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> okay you win
 
�01[12:53] <TonyKim> I have mIRC with a crack file.
 
[12:53] <@_YJ_> Tony plz upload log for us
 
�01[12:53] <TonyKim> I'll send it your email.
 
[12:53] <OzZy_M> mIRC is free
 
[12:53] <OzZy_M> why do you need to crack it? lol
 
[12:54] <Han3> yes..it's free..
 
�01[12:54] <TonyKim> Really? I can use it for 30 days.
 
[12:54] <Han3> They just want us to register ...
 
�01[12:55] <TonyKim> mIRC says "Evaluation copy 24 days remaining".
 
[12:55] <Han3> we can still use it withput register..
 
�01[12:55] <TonyKim> I have the crack file for it.
 
�01[12:55] <TonyKim> It's ok.
 
[12:55] <OzZy_M> It just says that
 
[12:55] <OzZy_M> It still lets you use it.
 
�01[12:56] <TonyKim> ok
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> cood
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> good
 
[12:56] <OzZy_M> anyways
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> yeah
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> Tony is resposible for log today
 
[12:56] <OzZy_M> someone post this log on the site since I wasn't here for the beginning
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> :-)
 
�01[12:56] <TonyKim> ok
 
[12:56] <Han3> right..
 
[12:56] <OzZy_M> I'm going to log off for now
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> good
 
[12:56] <OzZy_M> but I will be back on in an hour or so
 
[12:56] <@_YJ_> have a good weekend !
 
�01[12:57] <TonyKim> Have a good day!!
 
[12:57] <Han3> ok..thank you guys..
 
[12:57] <OzZy_M> thanks
 
[12:57] <OzZy_M> later
 
[12:57] <@_YJ_> bye
 
[12:57] <slaw12> aight, good luck guys
 
�02[12:57] * OzZy_M (~omirza@CPE0013f7a1eec7-CM0013f7a1eec3.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit
 
�03[12:57] * @_YJ_ (~chatzilla@CPE0022b0d1b62a-CM001692fb1c3c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has left #seneca-hotys
 
[12:57] <slaw12> bye
 
�01[12:57] <TonyKim> bye
 
[12:57] <Han3> bye
 
�02[12:57] * Han3 (~hckim3@bas1-toronto09-1279543549.dsl.bell.ca) Quit
 
�03[12:57] * slaw12 (~chatzilla@CPE00173fedf769-CM001868e9fa14.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has left #seneca-hotys
 
 
</pre></big>
 

Latest revision as of 12:25, 13 June 2010