School Server Packaging
School Server Packaging
The One Laptop per Child project (OLPC) provides a software distribution for what they call the "school server" (XS). This distribution needs to run on both ARM and x86_64/i386 systems.
There are some packages that have been created for this school server which should be reviewed using Fedora's packaging guidelines and made a part of the Fedora package set. This may involve refactoring the packages (dividing them up), adjusting spec files, and going through the Fedora package review process. There are some XO 1.75 ARM computers available for sign-out if needed.
Expected outcome: The XS packages will be in the Fedora package set.
Maximum number of students: 6 (each taking several different packages)
Skills required: packaging, scripting, testing
Resources: Jerry Vonauk, Adam Holt, Chris Tyler (ctyler)
Wiki Page: Alexander Davis
Wiki Page: Kalpaniya Parmar
Wiki Page: zyu26
IRC: zyu26 (zyu26)
Goals of this project is to:
- Review and test the xs packages spec file.
- Build an f16 or f17 rpm x86_64 or i386 xs package.
- Submit the xs packages to meet the fedora guidelines and process.
Release goals for Alex:
- 0.1- Build: Release the initial version of xs-activation, xs-release and xs-tools packages.
- 0.2- Finalize: finalizing the 0.1 release packages which will meet the fedora Guidelines, and submit these packages for review in fedora.
- 0.3- Presentation: Finalize the version of the xs packages release and make any changes that is required by the Fedora package review process and prepare our approved fedora package for the project presentation.
Release goals for Kalpaniya:
- 0.1 Release the initial version of acpid-2.0.92, xs-release-6-1 and bitfrost-1.0.15 packages.
- 0.2 Release the final version of the 0.1 release packages which will meet the fedora Guidelines, and submit these for package review in fedora.
- 0.3 Finalize the version of the xs packages release and make any changes that is required by the Fedora package review process.
Release goals for Zhiping (Blog):
- 0.1 Release initial versions of the xs-activity-server, xs-rsync, and ds-backup packages.
- Orignal rpm test result
- 0.1 Release (Corrected some errors and eliminated some warning information)
- My release rpm test result
- 0.2 Release the final versions of the xs-activity-server, xs-rsync, and ds-backup packages which meet the Fedora Packaging Guidelines, and submit these for package review in Fedora.
- 0.3 Final versions of xs-activity-server, xs-rsync, and ds-backup are shipping in Fedora, incorporating any changes required by the Fedora package review process.
Upsteam Wiki and Web
Source Code Control
- OPLC project is in effect, updates will be posted soon
- Working on the first stage of the Project