1. give and remove user rights
1.1 Give privileges:
mysql> grant all on wordpress.* to wordpress@localhost identified by 'password';
1.2 Remove privileges:
mysql> flush privileges;
2. create a table
mysql> create table table_name (name char(20));
3. insert a few records into the table you created
mysql> insert into table_name values('milton');
4. select some of the records in the table you created
mysql> select name from table_name;
5. change some of the records into the table you created
mysql> update table_name set name='johndoe' where name='milton';
6. delete records from the table you created
mysql> delete from table_name where name='johndoe';
7. How will you read records from in a plain text file into MySQL. Give an example.
8. What are the exact sequence of steps that you need to take so that Apache logs can be read in from MySQL. Assume you have a default installation of Apache and a default installation of MySQL.
9. Name two security measures that MySQL recommmends
- Encrypt the passwords
- Add an password for the default system users like root and mysql.
10. Which MySQL log file, in your opinion, is important for you to keep track of and why?
11. As you observe from the tutorials, many users have added their own comments in addition to the MySQL material. Which two comments (one from the using tutorial and one from the administration tutorial) you think were useful to you.