Milton Paiva Neto
Host OS: Fedora Core 10 x64
Guest Os: FreeBSD 7.1 i386
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
- How my processor does not have the instruction vmx I could not use kvm, then I used Virtual Box that only supports 32 bits guest operational systems.
Installing a port: Install a port is the same thing as compile and install a software from the source in Fedora, just ./configure, make, and make install.
Configuring Network On freeBSD (Virtual Box)
Host Setup: Dell Laptop D610 Fedora 9.0
- 18.104.22.168 IP for Host NIC (Connected to Internet)
- 192.168.122.1 IP Host Machine's Vibr0
On Virtual Machine FreeBSD
- ifconfig em0 192.168.122.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
- route add -net 0.0.0.0 192.168.122.1
- vi /etc/resolv.conf
- nameserver 192.168.122.1