Difference between revisions of "SPO600 Inline Assembler Lab"
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Revision as of 11:56, 19 February 2016
1. Select one of the following open source packages which is not claimed by another person in the class. Put your name beside it in (parenthesis) to claim it.
- chicken (Berwout)
- lame (Kenny)
2. Find the assembler in that software, and determine:
- How much assembley-language code is present
- Which platform(s) it is used on
- Why it is there (what it does)
- What happens on other platforms
- Your opinion of the value of the assembler code VS the loss of portability/increase in complexity of the code.
3. Blog your results in detail.