Review Questions for Test 1
Revision as of 20:45, 14 October 2008 by Vsjhand
1. What command will list all partitions on all hard drives?
- fdisk -l
2. what is wrong with this statement?
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/mytest.img bs-1024 count-10000
- wrong of file type
- cannot have zeroes in an img file
- typing error
- if and of in the wrong order
3. Which directory usually contains the GNU/Linux boot files?
- /home directory of user who is booting the system
4. The user password are stored in which file?
- none of above
5. Grub is a boot loader. It is used to load Linux kernel & driver module files in to memory by reading the configuration file. The name and path of GRUB configuration file is
6. resize2fs command is used ?
- to enlarge or shrink the size of partitions on harddisks
- to change the physical volumes (PVs)
- to enlarge or shrink the size of Logical Volumes (LVM)
- to enlarge or shrink the ext2 and ext3 file systems
7. The Name and path of the linux kernel is
8. Linux need at least two minimum partitions for installation named
- /root & swap
- /root & /boot
- / & swap
- /root & /red knot