Reflections - Tom/Ben/Cesar
What is Open Source Development
- Social is the most important and least seen and talked about aspect
- Most of the problems stem from social ones, not technical ones
- These are the least talked about
- it's fun
- I get to choose what I work on (more or less)
- our code works, is useful, and is acceptable by others.
- teamwork is hard. :(
Wish we'd known Open Source/Mozilla
- wish I'd known how to read tinderbox.
- wish I'd known Martin is such an ass.
- wish I'd known Mozilla couldn't use my project (distcc) as it is.
- wish there had been more than transperancy (more wiki updates, more blogging... david don't dock marks for our honesty!).