Phonegap Healthcare Adapter Bluetooth Implementation
NexJ Medical Peripheral Mobile Adapter Will be designed to enable NexJ's Mobile Healthcare solutions to interact with Bluetooth peripherals.
A Bluetooth profile is a wireless interface specification for Bluetooth-based communication between devices. Bluetooth communication protocols in the programming interface of iOS and Android are transparent.
- iOS 3+ SDK supports Bluetooth 2.2 devices.
- Profiles for Bluetooth 2.2 devices are specified here.
- iOS 5+ SDK supports low energy Bluetooth devices(Bluetooth 4.0).
- SDK supports Bluetooth 2.2
- No Support for Bluetooth 4.0
- Objective C
- C, C++ syntax is viable
- Supports Java, equivalent to Java SE 6
- C, C++ support via the Android NDK
- Enabling Bluetooth on the iOS simulator
- Example program interfacing with Bluetooth low energy temperature sensor using the SDK's CoreBluetooth class
- Example exploring interactions with Bluetooth devices using Android Bluetooth API's